AUSSIEPOLITICS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AUSSIEPOLITICS

Discuss Australian politics and other general stuff

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Coronavirus live updates: Victorian Premier threatens state-wide lockdown as cases surge

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Bobby2

Bobby2

Coronavirus live updates: Victorian Premier threatens state-wide lockdown as cases surge - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus live updates: Victorian Premier threatens state-wide lockdown as cases surge   Coronavirus live updates: Victorian Premier threatens state-wide lockdown as cases surge - Page 5 EmptySun 06 Sep 2020, 3:09 pm

I'm innocent of any crime and I'm being held
as a political prisoner against my will
in solitary confinement.
I want my fucking human rights now.
Back to top Go down
Bobby2

Bobby2

Coronavirus live updates: Victorian Premier threatens state-wide lockdown as cases surge - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus live updates: Victorian Premier threatens state-wide lockdown as cases surge   Coronavirus live updates: Victorian Premier threatens state-wide lockdown as cases surge - Page 5 EmptySun 06 Sep 2020, 2:44 pm

It's crazy.
I can't go and see my friends even if I sit in their backyard and bring
my own drink yet Dictator Dan allows
filthy sodomites to visit each other and indulge
in the most disgusting activities.
Back to top Go down
Bobby2

Bobby2

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus live updates: Victorian Premier threatens state-wide lockdown as cases surge   Coronavirus live updates: Victorian Premier threatens state-wide lockdown as cases surge - Page 5 EmptyWed 02 Sep 2020, 3:35 pm

Victoria upper house at 2.00 am  ?

Taking away our human rights for up to another 6 months
is very important -
we have perhaps the harshest lockdown in the entire world.
It should have been properly debated by adjourning and
restarting today not
succeeding with one vote on party lines
at 2am in the morning.
A dagger in the heart of democracy and a thief in the night.
Our democracy is in disgrace.
Back to top Go down
Bobby2

Bobby2

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus live updates: Victorian Premier threatens state-wide lockdown as cases surge   Coronavirus live updates: Victorian Premier threatens state-wide lockdown as cases surge - Page 5 EmptyWed 02 Sep 2020, 10:12 am

What can emergency powers can do from history?

take away your property,
steal you intellectual property as well,
never give it back when the emergency is over -

and in Victoria -
take away your freedom,
place you under house arrest,

all done to innocent people.

Democracy is only a fine line and it
quickly descends into a state of a totalitarian dictatorship
with the mere signature on a piece of paper.
Emergency powers have been abused and
it all happened in the middle of the night while we slept and debate was gagged.
Back to top Go down
Redmond Neck

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus live updates: Victorian Premier threatens state-wide lockdown as cases surge   Coronavirus live updates: Victorian Premier threatens state-wide lockdown as cases surge - Page 5 EmptyWed 02 Sep 2020, 9:33 am

Bobby2 wrote:
Why wasn't it broadcast on radio or TV?
Why the coverup and the debate gagged - for it's important -
what will happen to us in the next 6 months?

It's criminal.
Over 5 million people lose their human rights for another 6 months
all done by stealth at 2.00am - while we slept.

Poor Booby!! crying2 crying2
Back to top Go down
Bobby2

Bobby2

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus live updates: Victorian Premier threatens state-wide lockdown as cases surge   Coronavirus live updates: Victorian Premier threatens state-wide lockdown as cases surge - Page 5 EmptyWed 02 Sep 2020, 9:01 am

Why wasn't it broadcast on radio or TV?
Why the coverup and the debate gagged - for it's important -
what will happen to us in the next 6 months?

It's criminal.
Over 5 million people lose their human rights for another 6 months
all done by stealth at 2.00am - while we slept.
Back to top Go down
Bobby2

Bobby2

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus live updates: Victorian Premier threatens state-wide lockdown as cases surge   Coronavirus live updates: Victorian Premier threatens state-wide lockdown as cases surge - Page 5 EmptyWed 02 Sep 2020, 8:57 am

So there we go - at 2am in the morning - like a thief in the night -
our rights were stolen and debate was gagged.
Democracy was usurped.
It wasn't even broadcast on radio or TV.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/breaking-news/powers-granted-to-extend-victorias-state-of-emergency/news-story/55e96a56567f539ba83005561737af7a

The bill to extend state of emergency powers in Victoria for six months passed the upper house following a marathon debate that trickled into the early hours of Wednesday morning.
Upper House Opposition leader David Davis has come out this morning slamming the decision, claiming the debate was “gagged” and the final outcome “a dagger in the heart of democracy”.
The bill to extend the emergency powers in Victoria for six months passed at 2am following a marathon debate.
The vote went down to the wire with 20 MPs voting in favour and 19 against.
The extension gives chief health officer Brett Sutton the power to extend and impose COVID-19 restrictions, such as a curfew and mandatory mask wearing in public, for another six months.
But Mr Davis demanded answers on why Labor MPs voted to stop questions being asked on the crucial legislation.
“The Andrews Government described the bill as the most important to be debated this parliamentary term, yet time and time again, Labor voted to prevent important questions from being asked,” he said.
“It was a shameful, arrogant and undemocratic display that Victorians have been accustomed to from Victorian Labor and Daniel Andrews.
“Victorians have concerns they wanted addressed in state parliament. Sole traders are suffering, self-harm in students has risen dramatically, families are being locked inside their homes, multicultural communities have been ignored and businesses may never open again. Yet, Daniel Andrews and Labor shamefully turned their back on all Victorians.”
The Opposition has accused the government of gagging debate in the final hours of the marathon debate on Wednesday morning.
Leader of the Opposition in the upper house David Davis said Labor voted to gag Opposition questions on the impacts of further restrictions, on mental health advice the government received and the legality of the bill.
Back to top Go down
Neferti
Admin
Neferti

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus live updates: Victorian Premier threatens state-wide lockdown as cases surge   Coronavirus live updates: Victorian Premier threatens state-wide lockdown as cases surge - Page 5 EmptyWed 02 Sep 2020, 7:46 am

Here you go.  Tony Abbott agrees with me. ROFL

Former Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott has blasted the “extraordinary ineptitude” of the Victorian government in handling the coronavirus outbreak, blaming Premier Daniel Andrews for effectively running a “health dictatorship.”
Speaking at the Policy Exchange in London – a Conservative leaning think tank chaired by former High Commissioner to the Alexander Downer – Mr Abbott spoke about his view on lockdowns that have swept the world in response to the coronavirus pandemic.
He said having served as Health Minister in the John Howard government, he “certainly envisaged” people wearing masks on public transport “but not for a moment did I ever contemplate ordering people to stay home.”
“The way I saw it, in any pandemic the focus would be to get people to stay at their posts … not to lock everything down lest disease spread.”
“People should get on with their lives even in the presence of death.”

https://www.news.com.au/finance/work/leaders/tony-abbott-blasts-dan-andrews-government-and-calls-for-end-to-national-lockdowns/news-story/97e484257b4e412fb02580c7f2f3b938
Back to top Go down
Neferti
Admin
Neferti

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus live updates: Victorian Premier threatens state-wide lockdown as cases surge   Coronavirus live updates: Victorian Premier threatens state-wide lockdown as cases surge - Page 5 EmptyWed 02 Sep 2020, 6:57 am

To be honest, I just think everybody should just go back to work/school or whatever.  Hiding at home isn't going to stop the spread of this thing! Wear a mask, keep a reasonable distance from people and wash your hands!

Our country cannot afford to lockdown forever, paying people to stay at home.  Businesses are going broke, so no jobs, where will all the money come from for The Government to pay to keep the country running?

Normally healthy people may get a dose of it but it is people like myself with underlining health issues that would die from it, so I am happy to remain at home in isolation, fiddle on the computer, ring people, watch TV, read a book, or sit and stare out the window at people walking by, but that's just me.  I don't get bored being alone, I loath shopping and crowds of people meandering around so I am HAPPY.

flower
Back to top Go down
Bobby2

Bobby2

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus live updates: Victorian Premier threatens state-wide lockdown as cases surge   Coronavirus live updates: Victorian Premier threatens state-wide lockdown as cases surge - Page 5 EmptyTue 01 Sep 2020, 10:17 pm

Still no news yet.
It was supposed to be at 9.00pm.

Victoria vote in upper house on state of emergency.

1st September 2020.

I'm waiting to see if Dan will be given more dictatorial powers.

Dan will never be forgiven.
He is making sure that Victoria will be a basket case when the Liberals win power.
Back to top Go down
Bobby2

Bobby2

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus live updates: Victorian Premier threatens state-wide lockdown as cases surge   Coronavirus live updates: Victorian Premier threatens state-wide lockdown as cases surge - Page 5 EmptyTue 01 Sep 2020, 6:20 pm

Neferti wrote:
Ah well! Start an indoor hobby or something.

I've been stuck at home since November (bush fire smoke hazard), then Hospital for 2 weeks.  Visit to Dr for flu shot in April and again last Friday for checkup.  That has been the ONLY times I have left the house for almost a year!  I am not bored, at all. laugh

I want my fucking human rights now.

Glad I have my computer.
Back to top Go down
Neferti
Admin
Neferti

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus live updates: Victorian Premier threatens state-wide lockdown as cases surge   Coronavirus live updates: Victorian Premier threatens state-wide lockdown as cases surge - Page 5 EmptyTue 01 Sep 2020, 3:40 pm

Ah well! Start an indoor hobby or something.

I've been stuck at home since November (bush fire smoke hazard), then Hospital for 2 weeks.  Visit to Dr for flu shot in April and again last Friday for checkup.  That has been the ONLY times I have left the house for almost a year!  I am not bored, at all. laugh
Back to top Go down
Bobby2

Bobby2

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus live updates: Victorian Premier threatens state-wide lockdown as cases surge   Coronavirus live updates: Victorian Premier threatens state-wide lockdown as cases surge - Page 5 EmptyTue 01 Sep 2020, 1:55 pm

Bobby from Melbourne still in lockdown.......
When will it end?
It could mean more months of solitary confinement for me
which violates the Geneva convention on political prisoners.

I want my fucking human rights now -
just like the Geneva Convention says.
Jump to 3:30

Back to top Go down
Bobby2

Bobby2

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus live updates: Victorian Premier threatens state-wide lockdown as cases surge   Coronavirus live updates: Victorian Premier threatens state-wide lockdown as cases surge - Page 5 EmptySat 29 Aug 2020, 2:10 pm

Neferti wrote:
Bobby2 wrote:
ABC 24 latest news.  29.8.20

Victoria 94 cases 18 deaths.
Getting better. Are the Cops still catching people who aren't staying home?

Yes - everyday they are handing out fines.
$1620 for being outside without a proper reason or
being more than 5km from home.
Back to top Go down
Neferti
Admin
Neferti

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus live updates: Victorian Premier threatens state-wide lockdown as cases surge   Coronavirus live updates: Victorian Premier threatens state-wide lockdown as cases surge - Page 5 EmptySat 29 Aug 2020, 10:28 am

Bobby2 wrote:

Getting better. Are the Cops still catching people who aren't staying home?
Back to top Go down
Bobby2

Bobby2

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus live updates: Victorian Premier threatens state-wide lockdown as cases surge   Coronavirus live updates: Victorian Premier threatens state-wide lockdown as cases surge - Page 5 EmptySat 29 Aug 2020, 8:35 am

Back to top Go down
Bobby2

Bobby2

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus live updates: Victorian Premier threatens state-wide lockdown as cases surge   Coronavirus live updates: Victorian Premier threatens state-wide lockdown as cases surge - Page 5 EmptyThu 27 Aug 2020, 1:06 pm

No - I only used the top 1/3 rd of the can of baked beans.
True - I used 2 slices of bread.

I'm guilty.
Back to top Go down
Neferti
Admin
Neferti

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus live updates: Victorian Premier threatens state-wide lockdown as cases surge   Coronavirus live updates: Victorian Premier threatens state-wide lockdown as cases surge - Page 5 EmptyThu 27 Aug 2020, 11:11 am

Bobby2 wrote:
Neferti wrote:
Bobby2 wrote:
Neferti wrote:
Ever wondered how much food a person was entitled to during World War Two?
Rationing began on 8th January 1940 when bacon, butter and sugar were rationed. By 1942 many other foodstuffs, including meat, milk, cheese, eggs and cooking fat were also ‘on the ration’.
This is a typical weekly food ration for an adult:

• Bacon & Ham         4 oz
  • Other meat            value of 1 shilling and 2 pence (equivalent to 2 chops)
  • Butter                      2 oz
  • Cheese                     2 oz
  • Margarine              4 oz
  • Cooking fat            4 oz
  • Milk                       3 pints
  • Sugar                    8 oz
  • Preserves            1 lb every 2 months
  • Tea                        2 oz
  • Eggs                     1 fresh egg (plus allowance of dried egg)
  • Sweets                  12 oz every 4 weeks

https://www.historic-uk.com/CultureUK/Rationing-in-World-War-Two/

flower

Good post - we need to practice to get ready for what's to come.
It's a bit short on veges.
They grew their own vegetables!  You can grow vegetables in pots on the balcony, if you don't have a back yard!

I started my food rationing just now:

Coronavirus live updates: Victorian Premier threatens state-wide lockdown as cases surge - Page 5 Baked_10
You've eaten almost half your ration at one sitting. grin What are you going to do for the rest of the week?
ROFL
Back to top Go down
Redmond Neck

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus live updates: Victorian Premier threatens state-wide lockdown as cases surge   Coronavirus live updates: Victorian Premier threatens state-wide lockdown as cases surge - Page 5 EmptyThu 27 Aug 2020, 9:06 am

Bobby2 wrote:
Neferti wrote:
Bobby2 wrote:
Neferti wrote:
Rationing began on 8th January 1940 when bacon, butter and sugar were rationed. By 1942 many other foodstuffs, including meat, milk, cheese, eggs and cooking fat were also ‘on the ration’.

flower

They grew their own vegetables!  You can grow vegetables in pots on the balcony, if you don't have a back yard!

Coronavirus live updates: Victorian Premier threatens state-wide lockdown as cases surge - Page 5 Baked_10
I would reckon every back yard would have a chook area area for eggs and to chop the head off an occasional one for a roast dinner
Back to top Go down
Bobby2

Bobby2

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus live updates: Victorian Premier threatens state-wide lockdown as cases surge   Coronavirus live updates: Victorian Premier threatens state-wide lockdown as cases surge - Page 5 EmptyThu 27 Aug 2020, 8:29 am

Neferti wrote:
Bobby2 wrote:
Neferti wrote:

flower

Back to top Go down
Neferti
Admin
Neferti

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus live updates: Victorian Premier threatens state-wide lockdown as cases surge   Coronavirus live updates: Victorian Premier threatens state-wide lockdown as cases surge - Page 5 EmptyThu 27 Aug 2020, 7:59 am

Bobby2 wrote:
Neferti wrote:

flower

Back to top Go down
Bobby2

Bobby2

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus live updates: Victorian Premier threatens state-wide lockdown as cases surge   Coronavirus live updates: Victorian Premier threatens state-wide lockdown as cases surge - Page 5 EmptyThu 27 Aug 2020, 7:44 am

Neferti wrote:

flower

Back to top Go down
Neferti
Admin
Neferti

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus live updates: Victorian Premier threatens state-wide lockdown as cases surge   Coronavirus live updates: Victorian Premier threatens state-wide lockdown as cases surge - Page 5 EmptyThu 27 Aug 2020, 7:38 am

flower
Back to top Go down
Bobby2

Bobby2

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus live updates: Victorian Premier threatens state-wide lockdown as cases surge   Coronavirus live updates: Victorian Premier threatens state-wide lockdown as cases surge - Page 5 EmptyThu 27 Aug 2020, 5:45 am

Food rationing Practice for Victorians.

I think it would be better if we all practiced eating rations for one week
just like our parents did in the war.
We need to see what full wartime conditions are like so
we need to survive for one week on:

4 slices of bread,
1 tablespoon of butter,
1 small tin of baked beans,
1 slice of salami,
4 tea bags,
2 sugar cubes.
Back to top Go down
Bobby2

Bobby2

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus live updates: Victorian Premier threatens state-wide lockdown as cases surge   Coronavirus live updates: Victorian Premier threatens state-wide lockdown as cases surge - Page 5 EmptyWed 26 Aug 2020, 9:00 am

Latest news ABC 24.    26.8.20

Victoria 149  cases   24 deaths.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus live updates: Victorian Premier threatens state-wide lockdown as cases surge   Coronavirus live updates: Victorian Premier threatens state-wide lockdown as cases surge - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus live updates: Victorian Premier threatens state-wide lockdown as cases surge
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next