HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pilgrimage: The Road to Santiago

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Neferti
Admin
Neferti

Pilgrimage: The Road to Santiago Empty
PostSubject: Pilgrimage: The Road to Santiago   Pilgrimage: The Road to Santiago EmptyWed 08 Aug 2018, 4:22 pm

I noticed that Foxtel was showing this BBC production, so I have started recording it (3 Episodes, I believe).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09w7lc0

Seven celebrities tackle a medieval pilgrimage to see whether it still has relevance today.

Pilgrimage: The Road to Santiago P0605ngt

I am absolutely non-religious, however, having seen the Movie "The Way" (see the Movie section here), I am interested to see how close to the movie this particular BBC edition comes. I felt that  "The Way" movie was quite emotional, for me. The scenery is spectacular. Oh, I see Neil Morrissey puffing away on a ciggie and then complaining that his "legs hurt". LOL
Back to top Go down
Neferti
Admin
Neferti

Pilgrimage: The Road to Santiago Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pilgrimage: The Road to Santiago   Pilgrimage: The Road to Santiago EmptyWed 15 Aug 2018, 6:07 pm

Well, I recorded this and watched the second episode this evening. They have now been walking for 8 days ....

I gather that most people who take this "pilgrimage" are trying to prove something to themselves. Most of this group were brought up as Catholics and for whatever reason are now "lapsed", no longer believe in God, and so forth.

They all seem to be getting along well and telling childhood secrets (on camera) after a few drinks. Very Happy

It might, or might not, be interesting to see whether the "non-believers" become "believers" at the end of their walk.
Back to top Go down

Pilgrimage: The Road to Santiago
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AUSSIEPOLITICS :: Movies & Entertainment-
Jump to: