AUSSIEPOLITICS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AUSSIEPOLITICS

Discuss Australian politics and other general stuff

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Donald Trump reportedly planning to announce 2024 presidential run soon

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Neferti
Admin
Neferti

Donald Trump reportedly planning to announce 2024 presidential run soon Empty
PostSubject: Donald Trump reportedly planning to announce 2024 presidential run soon   Donald Trump reportedly planning to announce 2024 presidential run soon EmptySat 04 Sep 2021, 7:32 am

Former US president Donald Trump is reportedly planning an imminent announcement that he'll run for the White House again in 2024.
The United States has a two-term limit for presidents, but Mr Trump only served one before losing to Joe Biden last year. And in the wake of his attempts to overturn that election result, culminating in the Capitol riot on January 6, he survived an impeachment trial that could have ended in him being barred from public office.
So there's nothing stopping him from running again. Indeed Mr Trump has been hinting at his intention to do so for months now.
During an interview with Newsmax in mid-August, for example, the former president was asked directly about 2024.
"Look, I love this country. I hate what's happening to it. I hate it," Mr Trump said.
"We're not going to have a country anymore if it keeps going like this. We're a laughing stock all over the world, and I think a lot of people are going to be very happy."
He'd used that phrasing several times before.
"I think people are going to be very, very happy when I make a certain announcement," he told conservative commentator Candace Owens in May, adding that he looked forward to "doing an announcement at the right time".
In the wake of the Biden administration's botched withdrawal from Afghanistan, Mr Trump appears to think "the right time" is imminent.

https://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/us-politics/donald-trump-reportedly-planning-to-announce-2024-presidential-run-soon/news-story/f78e234d67ea297bc141c8cde81f5bec
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1