AUSSIEPOLITICS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AUSSIEPOLITICS

Discuss Australian politics and other general stuff

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Queensland State Election

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Patriot

Queensland State Election Empty
PostSubject: Re: Queensland State Election   Queensland State Election EmptyWed 21 Oct 2020, 9:30 am

The horrible Greenies are very much on the outer after they killed all those koalas when they caused the ferocious bushfires by banning the clearing of dangerous undergrowth.

The Greens are 'dangerous and not properly green': Former Brisbane lord mayor
19/10/2020

VIDEO: Greens tossed into the garbage - [ltr]https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6202502752001[/ltr]

Former Liberal lord mayor of Brisbane Sallyanne Atkinson says she will be placing the Greens last on her ballot paper at the upcoming Queensland election because she thinks “the Green’s are very, very dangerous”.

The LNP are recommending that the Greens be preferenced ahead of Labor's Jackie Trad in the seat.

Ms Atkinson has said, in spite of the LNP how to vote card, she will be putting the Greens last and vote Jackie Trad ahead of the Green's candidate Amy McMahon.

“I think this is one of the great things about being a Liberal, or being LNP, is that there is a freedom of choice,” Ms Atkinson told Sky News Host Alan Jones.

“I don’t tell people how they should vote, I’m happy to tell them how I’m going to vote.

“I think the Green’s are very, very dangerous, and the reason I say that is that they are not properly green, they don’t seem to care about the environment.

“Where you see them being active and activating is on other issues, and quite often issues they haven’t talked about before.”

[ltr]https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6202502752001[/ltr]
Back to top Go down
Patriot

PostSubject: Re: Queensland State Election   Queensland State Election EmptyWed 21 Oct 2020, 9:25 am

How anti euthanasia are the Qlders ?

Euthanasia bill could see religious vote 'en masse go to the LNP'
20/10/2020

VIDEO: Will religion save Qld ? - https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6203068947001

The Queensland Labor Party’s proposed euthanasia legislation has given the LNP some hope, because if the religious vote en masse goes to the LNP on abortion and euthanasia, “maybe it’s not over”, says Sky News host Peter Gleeson.

Mr Gleeson said the proposed legislation was “odd” considering on Tuesday major churches had come out and condemned the Labor policy to bring forward a conscience vote on the issue in February next year.

“Alienating the Catholics and Anglicans 13 days out from an election is an interesting move. There are 1.1 million Catholics in Queensland and about 1 million Anglicans,” he said. 

“What the Labor Party risks by going early on this issue is a backlash from the churches, who wield enormous power with their parishioners.

“If the churches turn on Palaszczuk – and that now seems inevitable – expect Labor to lose a lot of votes come next Saturday.

“It has given the LNP some hope. If the religious vote goes en masse to the LNP on euthanasia and abortion, maybe it’s not quite over, just yet.”

https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6203068947001
Back to top Go down
Patriot

PostSubject: Re: Queensland State Election   Queensland State Election EmptyWed 30 Sep 2020, 9:19 am

Qld electoral roll 'at risk' after Labor govt outsources coding role to China
10/07/2020

VIDEO: Credlin tells how Chinese are running the Qld election:- https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6170663914001

The Palaszczuk Labor government is being accused of “recklessly causing a security risk by allowing Chinese-based coders to write critical software for the Electoral Commission of Queensland,” according to Sky News host Peta Credlin.

The outsourcing of coding by the electoral commission “potentially gives China access to the QLD electoral roll, and the ability to manipulate digital information around elections in that state,” she said.

Queensland Liberal MP Fiona Simpson said one of the reasons for the “train smash” reporting of the local election results in Queensland, was because the Chinese-based coders were in lockdown due to the coronavirus crisis in Wuhan.

“It’s a compromise and it risks the security of one of the most critical things which is our elections, she said.

https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6170663914001
Back to top Go down
Patriot

PostSubject: Re: Queensland State Election   Queensland State Election EmptySun 20 Sep 2020, 3:44 pm

Politicians: Leeches, not one worth feeding!

Queensland State Election ZcyoQE

This article is more than depressing. Those charged with protecting Australians are not doing the job. 

The rot is so entrenched, so deeply embedded in so many places the task of ‘draining the swamp’ seems impossible. 

What the rorters hope for is that concerned voters will simply throw their hands in the air and give up, go and mow the lawn and kick a hole in the shed wall. 

Until Australians make clean sweep of the many leeches sucking the life’s blood from hard working, over taxed citizens, they will laugh in our faces and carry on as before. In which case we deserve all that sets upon us!

The Queensland Integrity Commissioner — charged with regulating the state’s booming lobby industry — has no power to investigate alleged wrong­doing by ­lobbyists. 

An investigation by The Australian has uncovered the existence of campaigner-lobbyists in Queensland, political players who work to get governments re-elected and then profit from those governments as lobbyists or owners of lobbying firms.

With leeches, it is always about the color of the blood! ….Or is it money?

What exactly is “lobbying?” What is involved? Free dinner & drinks? ‘Hosts’ or ‘Hostesses?’ Free trips around the world? A “backhander (tax free)?” In other words – ‘Bribery?’  It just smells of corruption.

Queensland the mates state: Integrity chief powerless to pull lobbyists into line
SARAH ELKS MICHAEL MCKENNA 5:42AM SEPTEMBER 19, 2020

Queensland State Election F143ff19601e34c593937d9f74e3ea2b?width=650
Integrity Commissioner Nikola Stepanov. Picture: AAP

The Queensland Integrity Commissioner — charged with regulating the state’s booming lobby industry — has no power to investigate alleged wrong­doing by ­lobbyists.

An investigation by The Australian has uncovered the existence of campaigner-lobbyists in Queensland, political players who work to get governments re-elected and then profit from those governments as lobbyists or owners of lobbying firms.

But Integrity Commissioner Nikola Stepanov has acknowledged that while she is responsible for maintaining the state’s lobbyist register and regulating the industry, her office has been bombarded with a ten-fold explosion of inquiries about lobbying activities and she has no investigative powers.

Requests from MPs and senior government staffers for ­ethics advice has also exploded, increasing by up to six times.

The leader of the Labor opposition in Brisbane City Council, Jared Cassidy, wrote to the Crime and Corruption Commission on Friday, seeking a probe into revelations a senior Liberal National Party strategist was paid by ratepayers to advise Brisbane’s lord mayor while orchestrating his re-­election campaign.

Malcolm Cole, a co-owner of lobbyist firm SAS Consulting Group, is still on the Brisbane City Council payroll in Lord Mayor Adrian Schrinner’s office, even as his firm lobbies the council on ­behalf of clients and LNP donors.

The Australian has found Mr Cole was employed as a part-time special adviser to Mr Schrinner as the LNP council went into election mode before the March local government poll.

Mr Cole’s SAS Group is now lobbying the council he helped get elected, despite Mr Cole ­insisting earlier this year that his firm would not do so while he worked there.

In a letter to the CCC, Mr ­Cassidy said he was concerned about the dual roles of Mr Cole and Mr Schrinner’s employment of the owner of a lobbyist firm. “If the reports are accurate, this is a serious conflict of interest that the Brisbane City Council Lord Mayor has overseen,’’ he wrote.

Dr Stepanov said she was unable to comment on “individual matters”.

Asked whether she had the power to investigate the issues uncovered, including the crossover between political campaigning and lobbying, and lobbying by recently departed senior government staff, Dr Stepanov said she did not.

“I have no investigative powers under the act,” she said. “Where appropriate, I also refer matters of concern to the relevant agency, such as the Queensland Police Service or the Crime and Corruption Commission, for assessment and possible investigation and prosecution.”

Dr Stepanov’s workload has spiked during the COVID-19 pandemic, after the government redeployed her to lead a commercial team to procure extra personal protective equipment for the government stockpile.

While an acting Integrity Commissioner was put in place for a short period, Dr Stepanov — who originally trained as an emergency and intensive care nurse working with patients with terminal infectious diseases — decided she could do both roles.

Dr Stepanov said her office had coped with the extra work, and the government should consider its staffing, structure and resources in its strategic review of the Integrity Commissioner next year.

“I am sure that any public sector agency would appreciate more staff and resources if such things were limitless and there was no additional cost burden to the public. However, it is important that I, as the head of a commission that is funded by the public, be fiscally responsible and put my best efforts toward being effective and efficient,” she said.

Dr Stepanov did not say whether any lobbyists had been removed from the state register for breaching the Integrity Act or industry code of conduct.

The lobbyist register reveals that since the March elections, Mr Cole’s SAS Group has lobbied deputy mayor Krista Adams and the Brisbane City Council’s manager of development services on behalf of at least one of the firm’s commercial clients, also a donor to the LNP.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/nation/politics/queensland-the-mates-state-integrity-chief-powerless-to-pull-lobbyists-into-line/news-story/1a7664f19f4d3346395ab321e16a0de7

Couple of COMMENTS

Clive 1 DAY AGO
1/  I note that unions managed to get home childcare outlawed so they could industrialize the child care industry, boosting both their political war chests and taxpayer's child care costs. That union used member's money to campaign for the ALP to get this done.

2/ I note that the TWU tried to drive owner-drivers out of work with the farcical targeted remuneration laws. This would have raised transport costs, but greatly benefited union members at public cost. That union uses members money to campaign for the ALP?

3/ I note union officials benefit greatly from later-life appointment to Industry Super boards, yet use their fund members funds to get parties elected who protect their status.

The whole structure of the ALP and unions is an overlap of lobbying, activism and using member's money for political ends. 

Yet, if a private company seeks to use a political connection to make a case ( and that is what they are doing, making their case!) and uses an LNP connection, then the left cries foul?

The same companies use ALP lobbying connections to make their case to the Qld Labor government.

If you ran a company that had an argument you wanted presented to politicians,  you would be stupid not to use political connections!

* Presenting your case is not illegal!
* Donating money to a party with a link to that presentation is!
* However the unions do not want to open that can of worms, do they?

Clive 1 DAY AGO
Quote :
The Queensland Integrity Commissioner — charged with regulating the state’s booming lobby industry — has no power to investigate alleged wrong ­doing by ­lobbyists.

Simply because the activity is legal and lobbying is how parliament has worked since King Charles lost his head!

It is one thing for a partisan source to allege "wrong doing" by their rivals,  and then get press coverage for their political advantage.

It is quite another to translate "wrong" ( which usually means that you disagree with my political view) into an illegal act?
Back to top Go down
Neferti
Admin
Neferti

PostSubject: Re: Queensland State Election   Queensland State Election EmptyFri 18 Sep 2020, 5:29 pm

Many Queenslanders tend to be soft in the head, it's the heat and humidity they have up that way, ALL year.
Back to top Go down
Patriot

PostSubject: Queensland State Election   Queensland State Election EmptyFri 18 Sep 2020, 9:47 am

Will Mrs Pallachook be still there after the Qld state election ?

Coronavirus Australia: Annastacia Palaszczuk, premier who mistakes combativeness for assertiveness, risks becoming castaway
10:35AM SEPTEMBER 17, 2020

Queensland State Election 5e1561979e6e4d659b2b0c1ba4452dfa?width=650
Tom Hanks in the movie Cast Away, left, and his best mate, Wilson the soccer ball, inset. Even Wilson may have shown more empathy than Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk. Pictures:

Queensland is for Queenslanders only, and that means barring entry for sick people desperately needing treatment, as well as children wanting to say goodbye to their dying father. It is to do with expert and impartial medical advice you see, unless of course your name is Tom Hanks or you are an AFL official from a state locked down by a second wave, in which case Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk will present you with the keys to the city.

Last week we witnessed the unedifying spectacle of Palaszczuk going to pieces as she tried to justify why ACT-based nurse Sarah Caisip was forbidden from attending her father’s funeral in Brisbane. She had applied to visit him during his last days, but her request to travel to Queensland had taken 20 days to be approved.

“I came from virus-free Canberra, so the fact that I’m even in quarantine is beyond belief, wrote Caisip in a letter to Palaszczuk which the LNP Opposition subsequently tabled in Parliament, “but the fact that I am being denied my basic human rights to care for my grief-stricken mother and little 11-year-old sister enrages, disgusts and devastates me at the same time”.

Prime Minister Scott Morrison had telephoned Palaszczuk to ask her to intervene. Apparently this informal approach constituted an assault upon her person. “I will not be bullied nor will I be intimidated by the Prime Minister of this country, who contacted me this morning,” Palaszczuk told Parliament. Tom Hanks, any chance you can give the Premier some much-needed lessons in acting while you are here?

Queensland State Election C84f30839038994b5b4c8eb9393d0cae?width=650
Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk. left, and Chief Health Officer Dr Jeanette Young, right. came under fire for the heartbreaking decision to only let Sarah Caisip, inset, view her father’s body alone after his funeral. Picture: News Corp

Caisip was permitted only to view her father’s body while she was dressed in PPE and in the custody of security guards. She was not allowed contact with those who attended the funeral. It was a ridiculous example of tinpot despotism.

Suffice to say that “Wilson” from the film “Castaway” – the volleyball with the painted face and the twigs for hair which serves as the marooned Hanks’s long-term sole companion – is capable of far more empathy and common sense than Palaszczuk showed.

Likewise, her indifference to those in northern NSW requiring medical treatment in Queensland – many for life-threatening illnesses – is one that borders on contempt. Who could forget her infamous remark that Queensland hospitals were “for our people”? It was not only callous, but hypocritical given 20 per cent of in-patients last year at Tweed Hospital in NSW were Queenslanders.

Both Palaszczuk and Queensland Chief Health Officer Jeannette Young have repeatedly insisted the state’s border closure and entry restrictions are strictly in accordance with medical advice. Last week, however, Young made an audacious admission. “I’ve given exemptions to people in entertainment and film, because that’s bringing a lot of money into this state,” she said. As former Queensland Law Society president Bill Potts observed: “How does that sit with science?”

Queensland State Election EenPG2SUMAAT6-g?format=jpg&name=small

In April, Young spoke of how she told Palaszczuk the previous month to shut schools despite them not being a high-risk environment for the spread of the virus. “If you go out to the community and say, ‘this is so bad, we can’t even have schools, all schools have got to be closed’, you are really getting to people,” she said. “So sometimes it’s more than just the science and the health, it’s about the messaging.” On that note, perhaps she could explain what sort of message she sends when she authorises the admission of 400 AFL officials from a state suffering a second wave.

Queensland State Election 75704ebc6b41be6ea5bc134f51bdf02a?width=650
Annastacia Palaszczuk celebrates securing the AFL grand final. Picture: NCA NewsWire/Dan Peled

When she became Premier in 2015, Palaszczuk spoke of how proud she was “to lead the first Cabinet in Australia’s history with a majority of women ministers”. You might recall feminism’s official line about women being better leaders because of their superior empathy and kindness, but I have trouble recognising how this plays out up north.

To understand why Palaszczuk is portraying herself as the Boadicea of state borders, you need to think back to March 2017 when she and then Treasurer Curtis Pitt met with conglomerate giant Adani’s leadership in India regarding the Carmichael project in the Galilee Basin.

Conscious that it was an election year and keen to boost her party’s support in regional Queensland, Palaszczuk reportedly reached a preliminary agreement with Adani that royalties would be limited to $2 million annually for the first seven years of the mine’s operation. This proposal would have amounted to an estimated $320 million incentive for Adani, a not unreasonable measure considering the mine – estimated to have a 60-year life – would generate about $22 billion in taxes and royalties during its first 30 years.

At a press conference on May 17 of that year, Palaszczuk was blindsided when an ABC journalist asked her questions about the supposedly confidential agreement. On May 22, then Deputy Premier Jackie Trad publicly opposed the Premier. “We’ve got a pre-election commitment in relation to any subsidisation of Adani, and we made that commitment very clearly at the last state election, that there would be no royalty holiday or subsidisation of taxpayer funds for Adani,” Trad said.

Adani was anathema for Trad, whose inner-city seat of South Brisbane was under growing threat from the Greens. Then leader of the party’s dominant left faction, she ensured Cabinet quashed the Adani incentives. When Palaszczuk said on May 26 “The Adani Carmichael mine will pay every cent of royalties in full,” it was obvious she was Premier in name only.

It was a humiliating backdown for Palaszczuk, and it confirmed perceptions that she was weak and prone to vacillating. Conversely, Trad’s prestige and influence grew. For two years, Palaszczuk dithered and dissembled over Carmichael’s approval. It took a Coalition victory and the rout of federal Labor in Queensland before Anna-stasis finally acted to impose deadlines on her environmental department for the mine’s approval.

When Trad resigned as Deputy Premier in May this year following an integrity probe by the Crime and Misconduct Commission, Palaszczuk made a revealing remark upon naming her reshuffled Cabinet. “These are my decisions. I’ve acted swiftly and decisively,” she stated, inadvertently raising the question of why it needed to be said. And with the coronavirus crisis came the perfect opportunity, at least in her mind, to prove she was the big kahuna and not Trad’s doormat.

At times her language is such that she appears to suffer from a persecution complex. “I will hold my head up high and I will stare down those people who are trying to tear Queensland apart,” she said last week. “Now if it means I have to lose the election, I’ll risk all of that if it means keeping Queenslanders safe.” Spare us the martyr rhetoric. As The Australian revealed on Wednesday, Palaszczuk’s department spent $528,000 of taxpayers’ money polling voter sentiment about coronavirus restrictions.

Queensland State Election 9be53c083ebf6ecf6d441fe91d0e2fa5?width=650
Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk and chief health officer Janette Young have proven unbending on borders … except for the likes of the AFL and Tom Hanks. Picture: Peter Wallis

Announcing the return of border closures last month, Palaszczuk gave every impression she was listening not to science but to sentiment. “Today is the day I say to Queenslanders, we’ve listened to you,” she said. “Today is the day we say we’re putting Queenslanders first.”

The same month she also insinuated in her address to the Committee for Economic Development of Australia that the border closures had benefited Queensland’s economy. Presumably the law degree she holds did not require study of the Constitution, What next, tariffs?

But it was Palaszczuk’s announcement that Queensland would be closed to visitors from the ACT that has attracted the most criticism. Queensland Health Minister Steven Miles tried to defend this, claiming last month “the challenge with the ACT was people were travelling from NSW to Canberra airport to fly into Queensland”. How many people, he was asked. Answer, just one. Last week Palaszczuk referred to this example as justification for this policy, claiming the man concerned had coronavirus. In fact he did not, a government spokesperson saying the Premier “misspoke”. It certainly is not the first time.

Palaszczuk has badly overreached in attempting to prove to others – and to herself – that she is her own woman and a strong leader. She has mistaken combativeness for assertiveness, she has poisoned her working relationship with Morrison, and she and NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian are barely on speaking terms. This is not the time for her to make enemies. The state’s debt is due to hit $102 billion by June 2021, and its unemployment rate is the highest in the nation.

If she is defeated next month, the paraphrased words of author and playwright W. Somerset Maugham would make for a fitting political epitaph. “Like all weak women she laid an exaggerated stress on not changing one’s mind.”

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/commentary/coronavirus-australia-annastacia-palaszczuk-premier-who-mistakes-combativeness-for-assertiveness-risks-becoming-castaway/news-story/fca5ea982718e65c52c1db692d3fa7d0
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Queensland State Election   Queensland State Election Empty

Back to top Go down

Queensland State Election
Page 1 of 1