AUSSIEPOLITICS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AUSSIEPOLITICS

Discuss Australian politics and other general stuff

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Corona Virus in Canberra

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Neferti
Admin
Neferti

Corona Virus in Canberra Empty
PostSubject: Re: Corona Virus in Canberra   Corona Virus in Canberra EmptyFri 24 Apr 2020, 11:53 am

An aerial view of the 'Stay Home' sign at Tamarama Beach on April 22, 2020 in Sydney, Australia.

Corona Virus in Canberra Stay_h10
Back to top Go down
Bobby2

Bobby2

PostSubject: Re: Corona Virus in Canberra   Corona Virus in Canberra EmptyThu 23 Apr 2020, 7:19 pm

Neferti wrote:
I finally went to my GP and got the flu shot yesterday.  Only 2 people allowed in the waiting room, wash hands as you go in and out. All staff and Dr wearing masks and Dr wearing plastic "surgical robes". Dr reckons this will go on for "another 12 months". So do NOT relax just yet!

group hug

Yes - got my flu vax last night.
They took my temp with a magic pistol device and
they were all wearing masks.
Back to top Go down
Neferti
Admin
Neferti

PostSubject: Re: Corona Virus in Canberra   Corona Virus in Canberra EmptyThu 23 Apr 2020, 8:02 am

I finally went to my GP and got the flu shot yesterday.  Only 2 people allowed in the waiting room, wash hands as you go in and out. All staff and Dr wearing masks and Dr wearing plastic "surgical robes". Dr reckons this will go on for "another 12 months". So do NOT relax just yet!

group hug
Back to top Go down
Neferti
Admin
Neferti

PostSubject: Coronavirus: ACT to launch 14-day testing blitz   Corona Virus in Canberra EmptyThu 23 Apr 2020, 7:58 am

Coronavirus: ACT to launch 14-day testing blitz

Any Canberran with coronavirus symptoms will be able to be tested during a two-week blitz aimed at uncovering undetected traces of the virus in the ACT.
The ACT government is hoping a major increase in testing will provide a clearer picture of whether there is community transmission of the virus in the nation's capital.
The blitz will start on Friday, April 24.
Testing will continue to be conducted at the drive-through clinic at Exhibition Park and the Weston Creek Walk-in centre.
The ACT has recorded just one new case of COVID-19 in the past nine days, and there were only eight active cases in the territory as of Wednesday night.
The drop off in new cases has coincided with a decline in demand for testing, which has been evident since the closure of Australia's borders dramatically reduced the number of people arriving from overseas.
The ACT government has, in the past five weeks, incrementally expanded the criteria for testing, which was initially offered only to returned travelers with flu-like symptoms, or those who had been in close contact with someone known to have been infected with COVID-19.
It started random testing on April 6. None of the 221 tests completed so far have provided evidence of community transmission.
During the 14-day blitz, testing will be made available to anyone with symptoms of coronavirus, which might include a temperature of 38 degrees or above; a shortness of breath, a cough or sore throat.
Anyone who is tested will be required to self-isolate until they receive a negative result.
The ACT last week saw its first case of coronavirus where the source could not be identified, but health authorities were quick to clarify that it wasn't necessarily evidence that the virus was spreading in the Canberra community.
ACT chief health officer Kerryn Coleman said expanding the testing regime would give authorities a better idea of the "prevalence or absence" of COVID-19 in the ACT.

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/6732058/coronavirus-testing-blitz-to-be-launched-in-the-act/?cs=14225
Back to top Go down
Bobby2

Bobby2

PostSubject: Re: Corona Virus in Canberra   Corona Virus in Canberra EmptySat 11 Apr 2020, 6:22 pm

Neferti wrote:
No, I didn't, my daughter went there to collect some prescriptions that I had asked for over the phone.  I haven't been there to have the flu shot, although Dr rang me and went crook because I was "isolating" and not seeing anyone, including him. mask2

My daughter brought the prescriptions to my house, called me from the driveway and left them at the front door.  She isn't even coming inside. I am being very, very careful.

You're being good and you shall be saved.
Back to top Go down
Neferti
Admin
Neferti

PostSubject: Re: Corona Virus in Canberra   Corona Virus in Canberra EmptySat 11 Apr 2020, 2:43 pm

No, I didn't, my daughter went there to collect some prescriptions that I had asked for over the phone.  I haven't been there to have the flu shot, although Dr rang me and went crook because I was "isolating" and not seeing anyone, including him. mask2

My daughter brought the prescriptions to my house, called me from the driveway and left them at the front door.  She isn't even coming inside. I am being very, very careful.
Back to top Go down
Bobby2

Bobby2

PostSubject: Re: Corona Virus in Canberra   Corona Virus in Canberra EmptySat 11 Apr 2020, 10:38 am

Neferti wrote:
My GP and his staff are all wearing masks!

Don't tell me you went inside an infectious waiting room
at your doctor's place of work?
Back to top Go down
Neferti
Admin
Neferti

PostSubject: Re: Corona Virus in Canberra   Corona Virus in Canberra EmptyFri 10 Apr 2020, 9:30 pm

My GP and his staff are all wearing masks!
Back to top Go down
Bobby2

Bobby2

PostSubject: Re: Corona Virus in Canberra   Corona Virus in Canberra EmptyFri 10 Apr 2020, 7:49 pm

Ohh no - you need to wear a mask whenever you're close to other people.
Back to top Go down
Neferti
Admin
Neferti

PostSubject: Re: Corona Virus in Canberra   Corona Virus in Canberra EmptyFri 10 Apr 2020, 3:41 pm

Corona Virus in Canberra 2Q==
Back to top Go down
Neferti
Admin
Neferti

PostSubject: Corona Virus in Canberra   Corona Virus in Canberra EmptyFri 10 Apr 2020, 3:36 pm

The ABC site has listed where the corona virus has been detected in Canberra.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-10/coronavirus-cases-by-canberra-location/12141064
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Corona Virus in Canberra   Corona Virus in Canberra Empty

Back to top Go down

Corona Virus in Canberra
Page 1 of 1