HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Turnbull still carrying on ....

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Neferti
Admin
Neferti

Turnbull still carrying on .... Empty
PostSubject: Turnbull still carrying on ....   Turnbull still carrying on .... EmptyMon 01 Jul 2019, 10:02 am

Malcolm Turnbull responds to claim of tense meeting the day before he lost the leadership

Former prime minister Malcolm Turnbull has responded to an explosive report that he clashed with senior frontbencher Christian Porter the day before he lost the top job.
Today The Australian’s Paul Kelly reported Mr Turnbull had met with Mr Porter, who was Attorney-General at the time, in his office on Thursday, August 23.
Mr Turnbull said “the Governor-General would not commission” Peter Dutton as prime minister if he were elected leader of the Liberal Party the following day because of doubts about his eligibility to sit in parliament.
The alleged problem under section 44 of the constitution related to the childcare business run by Mr Dutton’s wife receiving a government subsidy.
“Has the G-G told you this?” Mr Porter asked.
“I know the Governor-General and I know this would be his position,” the then prime minister replied.
Kelly said Mr Porter had walked into the meeting with a pre-prepared resignation letter in his pocket, anticipating the disagreement.
“If you go out and say that publicly, then I will feel obliged to reject that position at law,” Mr Porter told Mr Turnbull.
He said he would tell the Governor-General, Sir Peter Cosgrove, the same thing.
“You do not have any role advising the Governor-General,” Mr Turnbull fired back.
Mr Porter ended up offering his resignation, if Mr Turnbull wanted it.
“Oh no, I wouldn’t want to lose my loyal attorney-general,” he replied, with more than a hint of sarcasm.

https://www.news.com.au/national/politics/malcolm-turnbull-responds-to-claim-of-tense-meeting-the-day-before-he-lost-the-leadership/news-story/ed7299b7082b375e16fd1c7ce3077b31
Back to top Go down
Patriot

Turnbull still carrying on .... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turnbull still carrying on ....   Turnbull still carrying on .... EmptyTue 02 Jul 2019, 11:02 am

Moody Mal is hanging out his dirty washing.

He certainly has become bitter and twisted.
Back to top Go down

Turnbull still carrying on ....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AUSSIEPOLITICS :: Australian Politics-
Jump to: