HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Barry Humphries lands in hot water over anti-trans comments

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Neferti
Admin
Neferti

Barry Humphries lands in hot water over anti-trans comments Empty
PostSubject: Barry Humphries lands in hot water over anti-trans comments   Barry Humphries lands in hot water over anti-trans comments EmptyMon 23 Jul 2018, 7:54 am

IN A NEW interview with The Spectator, Barry Humphries — who is most famous for his drag character Dame Edna Everage — has spoken out against the transgender community.

The 84-year-old entertainer was asked his opinion on the subject of transgender issues to which he responded with no sympathy and little apparent understanding.

He described the identity as a “fashion—how many different kinds of lavatory can you have?” before adding, “And it’s pretty evil when it’s preached to children by crazy teachers.”

The interviewer asked Humphries if his most popular character, Dame Edna, had attracted the attention of transgender activists, who claim that as many as 40 per cent of transgender people attempt suicide, and wish transphobia to be made against the law.

“Terrible rat-baggery,” was Humphries’ response.

Humphries once provoked outrage when he used the word ‘mutilation’ to describe gender-reassignment surgery.

“They had their genitalia chopped off and tucked in and whatever they had to do. And that aroused a lot of indignation — probably among the people who’d spent a lot of money having it done. But I don’t think I’m right to pontificate. I’m really an actor.”

But although Humphries is a straight man who only occasionally cross-dresses for a living, social media users have responded to the out-of-touch entertainer.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/barry-humphries-lands-in-hot-water-over-antitrans-comments/news-story/66bdc59722c159c6cb6e8a38f07ad689

When asked about whether or not his character of Sir Les Patterson — a boorish and sexist, pussy-grabbing politician — has any connection to Donald Trump, Humphries says, “I’m grateful to Trump for stirring up politics. And I won’t be joining any marches against him.”
Back to top Go down
Veritas

Veritas

PostSubject: Re: Barry Humphries lands in hot water over anti-trans comments   Barry Humphries lands in hot water over anti-trans comments EmptyMon 23 Jul 2018, 10:20 am

Poor Barry, he's a decent Conservative, now the Progs will tear him down.
Back to top Go down
Neferti
Admin
Neferti

PostSubject: Re: Barry Humphries lands in hot water over anti-trans comments   Barry Humphries lands in hot water over anti-trans comments EmptyMon 23 Jul 2018, 1:32 pm

Yes, trust some stupid interviewer to ask Barry about "transgender" when all he did was dress up as Dame Edna ... I doubt he ever thought of actually becoming a "woman" and didn't do it because he is a transvestite.  He dressed up as Sir Les as well. He certainly put the interviewer in their place.  I doubt he cares if the progs get their tits in a tangle.
Back to top Go down
DreamRyder

PostSubject: Re: Barry Humphries lands in hot water over anti-trans comments   Barry Humphries lands in hot water over anti-trans comments EmptySat 28 Jul 2018, 11:23 am

Veritas wrote:
Poor Barry, he's a decent Conservative, now the Progs will tear him down.

Oh, they will try.....they will try their damnedest, but they will fail because honesty & truth will prevail over hatred & envy.

The weak link in the Transgender Chain is they are abnormal....& even deep, deep down they know it.......they know they weren't born the way they 'wish' they were.....that's what will eventually bring them to failure. Encourage them politely to seek help, they seriously need it, & not expect that any of societies acceptance equates to societies approval.......Barry Humphries lands in hot water over anti-trans comments Imthinkin6 Barry Humphries lands in hot water over anti-trans comments Aww_its_ok
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Barry Humphries lands in hot water over anti-trans comments   Barry Humphries lands in hot water over anti-trans comments Empty

Back to top Go down

Barry Humphries lands in hot water over anti-trans comments
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AUSSIEPOLITICS :: General Discussion-
Jump to: