HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Movies - Must see or Avoid?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Veritas

Veritas

Movies - Must see or Avoid? Empty
PostSubject: Movies - Must see or Avoid?   Movies - Must see or Avoid? EmptyThu 19 Jul 2018, 10:43 pm

Incredibles 2

Incredibles 2 brings back Pixar's family Super crimefighting team for a long-awaited (after 14 years) follow-up, that doesn't quite live up to the original, but it comes close, very close.

Movies - Must see or Avoid? 1124513-505303-34

Rating: 7.5/10
Back to top Go down
Veritas

Veritas

PostSubject: Re: Movies - Must see or Avoid?   Movies - Must see or Avoid? EmptyMon 23 Jul 2018, 7:21 pm

Here are some Classics I own and watch every year.

The Big Country.

Starring; Gregory Peck

A New Englander arrives in the Old West, where he becomes embroiled in a feud between two families over a valuable patch of land.

Movies - Must see or Avoid? Cartel-original-de-horizontes-de-grandeza-the-big-country_zpsts0p5zri

Rating; 9.5/10
Back to top Go down
Neferti
Admin
Neferti

PostSubject: Re: Movies - Must see or Avoid?   Movies - Must see or Avoid? EmptyMon 23 Jul 2018, 7:29 pm

Movies - Must see or Avoid? A1%2BiOWrnAFL._SY445_

Great movie.
Back to top Go down
Veritas

Veritas

PostSubject: Re: Movies - Must see or Avoid?   Movies - Must see or Avoid? EmptyMon 23 Jul 2018, 7:39 pm

Moby Dick.

Starring; Gregory Peck

A tale of a man and his obsession and the price he must pay.

Movies - Must see or Avoid? 5127PR5E69L

Rating; 9/10
Back to top Go down
Neferti
Admin
Neferti

PostSubject: Re: Movies - Must see or Avoid?   Movies - Must see or Avoid? EmptyMon 23 Jul 2018, 7:44 pm

Silly me, I always thought that Gregory Peck looked like my Father ... or my Daddy looked like Gregory. Very Happy  

I'll have to delve into my memory to recall what Movie Star my Mother looked like. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Veritas

Veritas

PostSubject: Re: Movies - Must see or Avoid?   Movies - Must see or Avoid? EmptyMon 23 Jul 2018, 7:53 pm

Adventures of Don Juan.

Starring; Errol Flynn.

The great lover Don Juan comes to the assistance of his queen.

Movies - Must see or Avoid? LOBBYCARD308-2

Rating; 9/10
Back to top Go down
Veritas

Veritas

PostSubject: Re: Movies - Must see or Avoid?   Movies - Must see or Avoid? EmptyMon 23 Jul 2018, 8:04 pm

North By Northwest.

Starring; Cary Grant.

A hapless New York advertising executive is mistaken for a government agent by a group of foreign spies, and is pursued across the country while he looks for a way to survive.

Movies - Must see or Avoid? Editors-Pick-North-by-Northwest1

Rating; 9/10
Back to top Go down
Valkie

PostSubject: Re: Movies - Must see or Avoid?   Movies - Must see or Avoid? EmptyMon 23 Jul 2018, 8:52 pm

Ii always thought that movie was a bit slow.
But I generally don't like spy movies.

The Kingsmen wasn't bad though.

And I love Morticai (don't think that's how it's spelt)
Back to top Go down
Valkie

PostSubject: Re: Movies - Must see or Avoid?   Movies - Must see or Avoid? EmptyFri 27 Jul 2018, 7:33 pm

One of my favorites is an old English movie
The enchanted cottage.... Soppy one, but I like it.

Another of my favorites is an old one as well.
Avante, not the new one it's crap, but the original with Juliet Mills.

And a great rendition of Le Miserables
The series with Gerard Depardieu.

It was much more consistent with the book and Gerard really did the character perfectly.
Back to top Go down
Veritas

Veritas

PostSubject: Re: Movies - Must see or Avoid?   Movies - Must see or Avoid? EmptySat 28 Jul 2018, 9:48 am

Apart from Donat's THE 39 STEPS a favourite old B&W English movie of mine is THE SECRET GARDEN (1949)...  IMO the original and best version.

Movies - Must see or Avoid? Secretgarden_idhopedyoumightbebeautiful_FC_470x264_040820160725

Movies - Must see or Avoid? Secret-garden-1949
Back to top Go down
Neferti
Admin
Neferti

PostSubject: Re: Movies - Must see or Avoid?   Movies - Must see or Avoid? EmptySun 29 Jul 2018, 3:44 pm

THE WAY (2010)

A father heads overseas to recover the body of his estranged son who died while traveling the "El camino de Santiago," and decides to take the pilgrimage himself.

Movies - Must see or Avoid? MV5BMTU4MzM4NzkyOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjQwNjMzNg@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,674,1000_AL_

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1441912/
Back to top Go down
DreamRyder

PostSubject: Re: Movies - Must see or Avoid?   Movies - Must see or Avoid? EmptyWed 01 Aug 2018, 1:36 pm

A must see 'classic' movie, an asset to any collection, would be:

I Remember Mama

Movies - Must see or Avoid? Iremember_MAMA

Back to top Go down
Neferti
Admin
Neferti

PostSubject: Re: Movies - Must see or Avoid?   Movies - Must see or Avoid? EmptyWed 01 Aug 2018, 4:27 pm

Gosh, you blokes are old ... I thought I was old remembering Breakfast at Tiffany's.

Back to top Go down
Dusty Trail

Dusty Trail

PostSubject: Re: Movies - Must see or Avoid?   Movies - Must see or Avoid? EmptyWed 01 Aug 2018, 6:19 pm

Goodbye Girl.

Back to top Go down
Veritas

Veritas

PostSubject: Re: Movies - Must see or Avoid?   Movies - Must see or Avoid? EmptyWed 01 Aug 2018, 6:29 pm

Love Goodbye Girl... if Dreyfus didn't win an Oscar for it I would have protested.
Back to top Go down
Neferti
Admin
Neferti

PostSubject: Re: Movies - Must see or Avoid?   Movies - Must see or Avoid? EmptyWed 01 Aug 2018, 6:41 pm

Back to top Go down
Neferti
Admin
Neferti

PostSubject: Re: Movies - Must see or Avoid?   Movies - Must see or Avoid? EmptySun 05 Aug 2018, 12:46 pm

THE SNOWMAN

A crime thriller.  I watched it last night and couldn't make head nor tail of the story as it was so convoluted. Read some of the Reviews on the IMDB site and most of the ratings were really, really bad.  However, I watched it again this morning since I now knew the story and, despite it being all over the place, I could at least figure out what was happening.  Beautiful scenery and some fine English actors popping in and out. Wouldn't recommend it however, I did enjoy it the second time around.  Very Happy

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1758810/
Back to top Go down
DreamRyder

PostSubject: Re: Movies - Must see or Avoid?   Movies - Must see or Avoid? EmptySun 05 Aug 2018, 2:21 pm

Neferti wrote:
Gosh, you blokes are old ... I thought I was old remembering Breakfast at Tiffany's.

Ah, if you have an affinity for movies, finding some that are before your time can present you with delightful gems, as did the one I stumbled upon in my travels......that as I have found more difficult since our new Nanny-ish Internet Censors are blocking more & more good sites! Movies - Must see or Avoid? Darkevil

Quote :
Content Denied

Access to this website has been disabled by an order of the Federal Court of Australia because it infringes or facilitates the infringement of copyright.

1800 086 346 for information.

Unless of course you know how to easily circumvent their childish blockades......Movies - Must see or Avoid? Chuckle002  Movies - Must see or Avoid? BigToothSmile
Back to top Go down
Neferti
Admin
Neferti

PostSubject: Re: Movies - Must see or Avoid?   Movies - Must see or Avoid? EmptyMon 06 Aug 2018, 4:59 pm

DreamRyder wrote:

Ah, if you have an affinity for movies, finding some that are before your time can present you with delightful gems, as did the one I stumbled upon in my travels......that as I have found more difficult since our new Nanny-ish Internet Censors are blocking more & more good sites! Movies - Must see or Avoid? Darkevil

Quote :
Content Denied

Access to this website has been disabled by an order of the Federal Court of Australia because it infringes or facilitates the infringement of copyright.

1800 086 346 for information.

Unless of course you know how to easily circumvent their childish blockades......Movies - Must see or Avoid? Chuckle002  Movies - Must see or Avoid? BigToothSmile

Actually, I have never tried to download or watch movies online. I know people who used to do that though. Then came Netflix (and Stan or whatever), and they are only about $10 a month, I believe, so cheap enough. NOTHING is Free.

PS The link to your smilies in your post, doesn't work.
Back to top Go down
Veritas

Veritas

PostSubject: Re: Movies - Must see or Avoid?   Movies - Must see or Avoid? EmptyTue 07 Aug 2018, 9:39 pm

Mission Impossible Fallout...

Staring; Tom Cruise.

Picks up 2 years after Rogue Nation, this time Ethan Hunt and his IMF team, along with some familiar allies, race against time after a mission gone wrong, to stop a Nuclear disaster.

Movies - Must see or Avoid? Tom-Cruise-Mission-Impossible-Fallout-FI-min

Rating; 7.5/10

Mission Impossible Rogue Nation...

precursor to Fallout... 8.5/10
Back to top Go down
Neferti
Admin
Neferti

PostSubject: Re: Movies - Must see or Avoid?   Movies - Must see or Avoid? EmptyThu 09 Aug 2018, 5:24 pm

I have never "liked" Tom Cruise ... no idea why.
Back to top Go down
Veritas

Veritas

PostSubject: Re: Movies - Must see or Avoid?   Movies - Must see or Avoid? EmptySat 11 Aug 2018, 8:50 am

Doesn't mean he's not a good actor.
Back to top Go down
Veritas

Veritas

PostSubject: Re: Movies - Must see or Avoid?   Movies - Must see or Avoid? EmptySun 19 Aug 2018, 6:54 pm

Best of Tom Cruise.

If you hate Tom, watch this...

Edge of Tomorrow

A soldier fighting aliens gets to relive the same day over and over again, the day restarting every time he dies.

Movies - Must see or Avoid? MV5BMTc5OTk4MTM3M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODcxNjg3MDE@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,674,1000_AL_

Rating: 8.5/10
Back to top Go down
Veritas

Veritas

PostSubject: Re: Movies - Must see or Avoid?   Movies - Must see or Avoid? EmptySun 19 Aug 2018, 6:58 pm

Jack Reacher...

Starring Tom Cruise...

A private investigator digs deeper into a case involving a trained military sniper who shot five random victims.

Rating: 9/10

Movies - Must see or Avoid? MV5BMTM1NjUxMDI3OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjg1ODM3OA@@._V1_SY1000_SX696_AL_
Back to top Go down
Neferti
Admin
Neferti

PostSubject: Re: Movies - Must see or Avoid?   Movies - Must see or Avoid? EmptySun 19 Aug 2018, 7:25 pm

I don't "hate" Tom Cruise, just don't "like" him all that much. His acting is fine.  I have watched him in a few movies, there are several Jack Reacher ones aren't there?  I do avoid "our Nicole" though, she is a terrible actor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movies - Must see or Avoid?   Movies - Must see or Avoid? Empty

Back to top Go down

Movies - Must see or Avoid?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AUSSIEPOLITICS :: Movies & Entertainment-
Jump to: