AUSSIEPOLITICS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AUSSIEPOLITICS

Discuss Australian politics and other general stuff

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Canberra to go into a seven day lockdown after confirmed Covid case in the ACT

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Neferti
Admin
Neferti

Canberra to go into a seven day lockdown after confirmed Covid case in the ACT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canberra to go into a seven day lockdown after confirmed Covid case in the ACT   Canberra to go into a seven day lockdown after confirmed Covid case in the ACT EmptyWed 18 Aug 2021, 12:27 pm

UPDATED: Barr announces 22 new cases in the ACT, total number active now 67, none hospitalised

UPDATED 11:55 am: Chief Minister Andrew Barr has announced 22 new COVID-19 cases in ACT. All cases have been linked to existing cases.

This brings the total number in the ACT to 67. None are in hospital.

A total of 8417 tests were conducted in the past 24 hours.

Mr Barr has urged people to remain at home and not visit others, but to keep in touch with family and friends by phone or the internet.

Dr Kerryn Coleman confirmed that only four of 67 cases remain under investigation. ACT Health is monitoring all cases, but the list of self-identified close contacts now exceeds 10,000. There are also more than 190 exposure locations.

To remain up to date on the ACT locations, visit covid19.act.gov.au.

NSW recorded 633 new COVID-19 cases and three more deaths in the past 24 hours.

Speaking at her daily briefing, NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian declared “we haven’t seen the worst of it”.

Sixty people have died in NSW since the Delta outbreak began on 16 June.

9:00 am: The ACT Government is calling for recently retired nurses or nurses taking time off to return to the profession and help the ACT’s COVID-19 efforts after 400 Canberra Health Services and Calvary Hospital staff were forced into isolation.

Contact tracers and testing clinics in the ACT are under mounting pressure to contain the growing delta outbreak as the list of exposure sites continues to grow – expanding into five schools as of Wednesday morning (18 August).

Health Minister Rachel Stephen-Smith also said the government was also looking at ways to incorporate nursing and medical students into the workforce.

If you are interested in joining the nursing ranks and can lend a hand, call 02 5124 6140 or visit the ACT job search website.

8:00 am: Three more schools have been added to the list of COVID-19 exposure sites in the ACT.

This means the virus has sent at least four school communities across Canberra into isolation in the past week.

Anyone at Harrison School primary or secondary campuses on Wednesday, 11 August or Thursday, 12 August between 8:30 am and 3:30 pm is considered a close contact and must get tested and quarantine for 14 days.

Anyone at St Thomas Aquinas Primary School in Charnwood on Thursday, 12 August between 8:30 am to 4:00 pm is considered a close contact.

Anyone at the UC Secondary College Lake Ginninderra gym and cafeteria/canteen on Monday, 9 August between 10:00 am and 1:30 pm is also a close contact.

Yum Cha Cuisine at the Westfield Belconnen food court and IGA in Evatt are also listed as exposure locations.

A full list of exposure locations is available at www.covid19.act.gov.au.

ACT Senator Katy Gallagher has also confirmed on social media that her daughter Evie was one of Tuesday’s positive cases, sending the former ACT chief minister into quarantine for 14 days.

https://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1628732799/105#114
Back to top Go down
Neferti
Admin
Neferti

Canberra to go into a seven day lockdown after confirmed Covid case in the ACT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Canberra to go into a seven day lockdown after confirmed Covid case in the ACT   Canberra to go into a seven day lockdown after confirmed Covid case in the ACT EmptyWed 18 Aug 2021, 9:49 am

ACT Covid exposure sites involving supermarkets, takeaway increase in Canberra lockdown

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/7390439/exposure-sites-grow-to-more-than-100-as-act-testing-centres-face-high-demand/?cs=14329

Secondary contact venues involving supermarkets, takeaway and petrol stations include:

• Woden Westfield Woolworths, 5.30pm to 6.30pm, August 10
  • Food Works, Weston Creek, 5pm to 5.10pm, August 13
  • Woolworths Kippax, 11am to 11.15am, August 10
  • Aldi Kippax, 1.20pm to 2pm, August 12
  • Hawker Drive-in Bottle Shop, 4.45pm to 5pm, August 13
  • Woolworths Weston Creek, Cooleman Court, 6.20pm to 7pm, August 13

Back to top Go down
Redmond Neck

PostSubject: ACT List of sites visited by Coronavirus victims   Canberra to go into a seven day lockdown after confirmed Covid case in the ACT EmptyWed 18 Aug 2021, 9:46 am

List of sites visited by Coronavirus victims

https://www.covid19.act.gov.au/act-status-and-response/lockdown
Back to top Go down
Bobby2

Bobby2

PostSubject: Re: Canberra to go into a seven day lockdown after confirmed Covid case in the ACT   Canberra to go into a seven day lockdown after confirmed Covid case in the ACT EmptyTue 17 Aug 2021, 7:47 pm

Neferti wrote:
Bobby2 wrote:
Neferti wrote:
ACT records 17 new cases

It brings the total number of active cases in the territory to 45.

None of those 45 cases are hospitalised.

Canberrans broke a testing record with 7,380 being conducted yesterday.

Yesterday ACT Health authorities announced a two-week extension to the Canberra lockdown, after a large number of cases were reported in the previous 24 hours.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-17/covid-live-blog-nsw-coronavirus-lockdown-cases-press-conference/100381858

Is Canberra doomed?

I reckon so. grin

You'll be OK - just stay away from anyone coughing or sneezing.
Back to top Go down
Neferti
Admin
Neferti

PostSubject: Re: Canberra to go into a seven day lockdown after confirmed Covid case in the ACT   Canberra to go into a seven day lockdown after confirmed Covid case in the ACT EmptyTue 17 Aug 2021, 5:03 pm

Bobby2 wrote:
Neferti wrote:
ACT records 17 new cases

Yesterday ACT Health authorities announced a two-week extension to the Canberra lockdown, after a large number of cases were reported in the previous 24 hours.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-17/covid-live-blog-nsw-coronavirus-lockdown-cases-press-conference/100381858

Is Canberra doomed?

I reckon so. grin
Back to top Go down
Bobby2

Bobby2

PostSubject: Re: Canberra to go into a seven day lockdown after confirmed Covid case in the ACT   Canberra to go into a seven day lockdown after confirmed Covid case in the ACT EmptyTue 17 Aug 2021, 3:46 pm

Neferti wrote:
ACT records 17 new cases

Is Canberra doomed?
Back to top Go down
Neferti
Admin
Neferti

PostSubject: Re: Canberra to go into a seven day lockdown after confirmed Covid case in the ACT   Canberra to go into a seven day lockdown after confirmed Covid case in the ACT EmptyTue 17 Aug 2021, 3:10 pm

ACT records 17 new cases

Back to top Go down
Redmond Neck

PostSubject: Re: Canberra to go into a seven day lockdown after confirmed Covid case in the ACT   Canberra to go into a seven day lockdown after confirmed Covid case in the ACT EmptyTue 17 Aug 2021, 12:50 pm

ACT 17 new cases yesterday total now 45
Back to top Go down
Bobby2

Bobby2

PostSubject: Re: Canberra to go into a seven day lockdown after confirmed Covid case in the ACT   Canberra to go into a seven day lockdown after confirmed Covid case in the ACT EmptyMon 16 Aug 2021, 6:54 pm

Neferti wrote:
Well, I have "essential workers" calling in daily! One has had all the jabs but not the others as far as I am aware.

ban them.
Back to top Go down
Neferti
Admin
Neferti

PostSubject: Re: Canberra to go into a seven day lockdown after confirmed Covid case in the ACT   Canberra to go into a seven day lockdown after confirmed Covid case in the ACT EmptyMon 16 Aug 2021, 5:45 pm

Well, I have "essential workers" calling in daily! One has had all the jabs but not the others as far as I am aware.
Back to top Go down
Bobby2

Bobby2

PostSubject: Re: Canberra to go into a seven day lockdown after confirmed Covid case in the ACT   Canberra to go into a seven day lockdown after confirmed Covid case in the ACT EmptyMon 16 Aug 2021, 5:35 pm

Neferti wrote:
An additional 19 cases of coronavirus have been recorded in the ACT since the last reporting period, taking the outbreak to 28 active cases.

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/7387575/live-blog-canberra-lockdown-extended-19-new-covid-cases-recorded/?cs=14264

Hide under your bed.
Back to top Go down
Neferti
Admin
Neferti

PostSubject: Re: Canberra to go into a seven day lockdown after confirmed Covid case in the ACT   Canberra to go into a seven day lockdown after confirmed Covid case in the ACT EmptyMon 16 Aug 2021, 4:45 pm

An additional 19 cases of coronavirus have been recorded in the ACT since the last reporting period, taking the outbreak to 28 active cases.

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/7387575/live-blog-canberra-lockdown-extended-19-new-covid-cases-recorded/?cs=14264
Back to top Go down
Bobby2

Bobby2

PostSubject: Re: Canberra to go into a seven day lockdown after confirmed Covid case in the ACT   Canberra to go into a seven day lockdown after confirmed Covid case in the ACT EmptyMon 16 Aug 2021, 1:55 pm

Canberra lockdown extended for 2 more weeks.
Back to top Go down
Neferti
Admin
Neferti

PostSubject: Re: Canberra to go into a seven day lockdown after confirmed Covid case in the ACT   Canberra to go into a seven day lockdown after confirmed Covid case in the ACT EmptyMon 16 Aug 2021, 10:44 am

Canberra to go into a seven day lockdown after confirmed Covid case in the ACT Exposure-Sites-20210813-1900-e1628900050179-810x1145
Back to top Go down
Neferti
Admin
Neferti

PostSubject: Re: Canberra to go into a seven day lockdown after confirmed Covid case in the ACT   Canberra to go into a seven day lockdown after confirmed Covid case in the ACT EmptySun 15 Aug 2021, 7:41 am

Canberra's population is around 430,000 and the ACT covers a large area!

Quote :
The entire territory lies between latitudes 35° and 36° S and extends some 53 miles (85 km) north to south and 33 miles (53 km) east to west. The Australian Parliament House (top) and the Museum of Australian Democracy at Old Parliament House (bottom), Canberra, Austl.

Australian Capital Territory/Area 2,358 km² wrote:
Australian Capital Territory/Area
2,358 km²
Back to top Go down
Neferti
Admin
Neferti

PostSubject: Re: Canberra to go into a seven day lockdown after confirmed Covid case in the ACT   Canberra to go into a seven day lockdown after confirmed Covid case in the ACT EmptySun 15 Aug 2021, 7:38 am

Canberra Covid close contact numbers grow as more exposure sites added

The number of close contacts linked to Canberra's Covid outbreak has grown to more than 4000, as the amount of exposure sites also continues to increase.
Health officials on Saturday said there were 4500 people who have self-identified as close contacts linked to virus cases, an increase from the 3900 who had been known about on Friday.
The increase in close contacts also coincided with two new venues added to the list of exposure sites in the ACT.
Among them was a new time for Fiction Bar in Civic, which was linked to the first case identified in the ACT as part of the outbreak.
The new time for Fiction includes the period from between 9pm and 11.59pm on Saturday, August 7.
The exposure time for the Civic venue also includes the previously listed time of between 12am and 4.45am on Sunday, August 8.
Anyone who was at that venue needs to immediately quarantine for 14 days and get tested for Covid.
A second venue was also added to the exposure site list on Saturday by health officials, which included the Canberra Outlet Centre central food court.

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/7386007/close-contacts-grow-as-exposure-sites-added/?cs=14329
Back to top Go down
Neferti
Admin
Neferti

PostSubject: Re: Canberra to go into a seven day lockdown after confirmed Covid case in the ACT   Canberra to go into a seven day lockdown after confirmed Covid case in the ACT EmptySat 14 Aug 2021, 8:19 am

Apparently, he felt the need to out himself as social media was carrying on. Read the comments at this link, most are praising him for coming clean.

https://the-riotact.com/i-dont-want-anyone-to-die-because-of-me-covid-case-speaks-out/486254
Back to top Go down
Bobby2

Bobby2

PostSubject: Re: Canberra to go into a seven day lockdown after confirmed Covid case in the ACT   Canberra to go into a seven day lockdown after confirmed Covid case in the ACT EmptySat 14 Aug 2021, 7:49 am

Neferti wrote:
https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/7385645/i-didnt-do-anything-wrong-canberras-first-covid-case-speaks-out/?cs=14329

Guess what?

Wow - I didn't see that on our news.
He's sick too - he's got it bad.
Back to top Go down
Neferti
Admin
Neferti

PostSubject: Re: Canberra to go into a seven day lockdown after confirmed Covid case in the ACT   Canberra to go into a seven day lockdown after confirmed Covid case in the ACT EmptySat 14 Aug 2021, 7:43 am

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/7385645/i-didnt-do-anything-wrong-canberras-first-covid-case-speaks-out/?cs=14329

Guess what?

Canberra to go into a seven day lockdown after confirmed Covid case in the ACT R0_0_2009_1130_w1200_h678_fmax
Back to top Go down
Bobby2

Bobby2

PostSubject: Re: Canberra to go into a seven day lockdown after confirmed Covid case in the ACT   Canberra to go into a seven day lockdown after confirmed Covid case in the ACT EmptySat 14 Aug 2021, 7:08 am

George Christensen ?
I say - good on him -
he's like the boy who says the emperor has no clothes.

Canberra to go into a seven day lockdown after confirmed Covid case in the ACT Justicereal1

Transcript.

George Christensen wrote:

I know my views may just be in the minority here and possibly in the Australian community but I
need to tell you them or I am not doing my job.

We should be pushing right now for IMMEDIATE freedom for all. Freedom of choice.
Freedom of movement. And freedom from fear. For all.
And that means a few things that we should not be doing that we are doing.

We should not be pushing for invasion of people’s privacy by enabling businesses to ask
staff and customers to confirm their vaccination.

We should not be pushing for discrimination against Australian citizens who choose not to undergo a
particular medical treatment, and that means we shouldn’t be allowing the refusal of employment
or service because someone hasn’t been vaccinated.

We should not be demonising people who choose not to get a vaccination.
We should not be attacking people who want to protest and exercise their free speech.
We should not be putting army troops on the streets to patrol citizens.

We should not be condoning Premiers shutting down State borders and locking down cities and States down,
principally because it’s been found by peer reviewed studies that these lockdown measures don’t work.
We should not be restricting Australians who want to travel overseas.

We should not be allowing censorship of alternative viewpoints on this pandemic by ACMA,
big tech or anyone else.

We should not be discouraging alternative treatments such as Ivermectin when peer-reviewed
studies have found they have a level of efficacy.
We should not be mandating the wearing of masks which, up until this pandemic, didn’t stop viruses.

And finally we should not be perpetuating fear of a virus that has a survivability factor greater than 997 out of 1000.

Now I haven’t made any substantive arguments on these points, not because I can’t but because I
know whatever statistics or data I put forward will be dismissed as some crazy anti-vax stance.
I’m not anti-vax. I’m pro-freedom.

Liberal Party constitution talks about having an Australian nation dedicated to political liberty and
the freedom and dignity of man.

The Nationals constitution talks about fostering “the maintenance of …liberty” and “the least
possible intrusion into the lives of individuals”
The LNP constitution talks about “Freedom of conscience, freedom of religion, freedom of
expression and freedom of association as the building blocks of robust and fair society”
Liberty and freedom should be the core of this room and this nation while we govern it.
And they should not be done away because of a virus.

Again I say, we need IMMEDIATE freedom for all. Freedom of choice, freedom of movement and
freedom from fear.

I see my comments made to the government party
room yesterday about pandemic restrictions have
been leaked to the media. Just so I’m not verballed or
misquoted, here is pretty much word-for-word what I
actually said…

Notes were written quickly. Apologies for the typos.

George Christensen MP
Today at 3:36 PM.
Back to top Go down
Bobby2

Bobby2

PostSubject: Re: Canberra to go into a seven day lockdown after confirmed Covid case in the ACT   Canberra to go into a seven day lockdown after confirmed Covid case in the ACT EmptyFri 13 Aug 2021, 10:38 pm

Australia is the laughing stock of the world -
closing our capital city over one case.
We are halfwits in Australia.
Imagine if the Yanks closed down Washington DC over a man with a runny nose?

Back to top Go down
Neferti
Admin
Neferti

PostSubject: Re: Canberra to go into a seven day lockdown after confirmed Covid case in the ACT   Canberra to go into a seven day lockdown after confirmed Covid case in the ACT EmptyFri 13 Aug 2021, 5:08 pm

UPDATED 2:55 pm: The Chief Health Officer has confirmed that the first five COVID-19 cases have the delta variant, and that a sample from the Gold Creek school student has been sent for genomic testing to determine if there was a link to the other cases.

More information at this link:

https://the-riotact.com/exposure-sites-mushroom-as-more-covid-close-and-casual-contacts-are-identified/486068
Back to top Go down
Bobby2

Bobby2

PostSubject: Re: Canberra to go into a seven day lockdown after confirmed Covid case in the ACT   Canberra to go into a seven day lockdown after confirmed Covid case in the ACT EmptyFri 13 Aug 2021, 11:05 am

Neferti wrote:
I heard that the main items were long-life milk, tinned goods and flour.  They left the toilet paper alone this time. LOL

We had long lines of empty shelves in Melbourne.
Back to top Go down
Neferti
Admin
Neferti

PostSubject: Re: Canberra to go into a seven day lockdown after confirmed Covid case in the ACT   Canberra to go into a seven day lockdown after confirmed Covid case in the ACT EmptyFri 13 Aug 2021, 10:53 am

I heard that the main items were long-life milk, tinned goods and flour.  They left the toilet paper alone this time. LOL
Back to top Go down
Bobby2

Bobby2

PostSubject: Re: Canberra to go into a seven day lockdown after confirmed Covid case in the ACT   Canberra to go into a seven day lockdown after confirmed Covid case in the ACT EmptyFri 13 Aug 2021, 10:41 am

Neferti wrote:
Yeah.  Why the panic to get to the supermarket?  Woolworths at Kippax is open from 7am until 10 pm .... plenty of time to go shopping minus the crowds.  The "shut down" doesn't affect supermarkets but just about everything else will be closed so don't bother going to Bunnings to check out the prices.
positive

Nef,
the supermarkets will run out of:
dunny paper,
meat,
pasta,
tinned food.

Go and stock up today before it's all gone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Canberra to go into a seven day lockdown after confirmed Covid case in the ACT   Canberra to go into a seven day lockdown after confirmed Covid case in the ACT Empty

Back to top Go down

Canberra to go into a seven day lockdown after confirmed Covid case in the ACT
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next