AUSSIEPOLITICS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AUSSIEPOLITICS

Discuss Australian politics and other general stuff

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

One Nation’s Mark Latham addresses idea to DNA test people claiming Aboriginal ancestry

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Neferti
Admin
Neferti

One Nation’s Mark Latham addresses idea to DNA test people claiming Aboriginal ancestry Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Nation’s Mark Latham addresses idea to DNA test people claiming Aboriginal ancestry   One Nation’s Mark Latham addresses idea to DNA test people claiming Aboriginal ancestry EmptyWed 10 Apr 2019, 5:14 pm

Veritas wrote:
he's aboriginal.
'

Exactly!
Back to top Go down
Veritas

Veritas

One Nation’s Mark Latham addresses idea to DNA test people claiming Aboriginal ancestry Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Nation’s Mark Latham addresses idea to DNA test people claiming Aboriginal ancestry   One Nation’s Mark Latham addresses idea to DNA test people claiming Aboriginal ancestry EmptyTue 02 Apr 2019, 2:50 pm

he's aboriginal.
Back to top Go down
Neferti
Admin
Neferti

PostSubject: Re: One Nation’s Mark Latham addresses idea to DNA test people claiming Aboriginal ancestry   One Nation’s Mark Latham addresses idea to DNA test people claiming Aboriginal ancestry EmptyMon 01 Apr 2019, 8:05 pm

Veritas wrote:
lol
Anthony Mundine thinks its a good idea...

He would.
Back to top Go down
Veritas

Veritas

PostSubject: Re: One Nation’s Mark Latham addresses idea to DNA test people claiming Aboriginal ancestry   One Nation’s Mark Latham addresses idea to DNA test people claiming Aboriginal ancestry EmptyTue 26 Mar 2019, 4:16 pm

lol
Anthony Mundine thinks its a good idea...
Back to top Go down
Neferti
Admin
Neferti

PostSubject: Re: One Nation’s Mark Latham addresses idea to DNA test people claiming Aboriginal ancestry   One Nation’s Mark Latham addresses idea to DNA test people claiming Aboriginal ancestry EmptyWed 20 Mar 2019, 8:21 pm

In the 2016 Federal Election there wasn't a candidate for ON. There were a couple of Independents and somebody from Palmer's thing, if I recall ... the ACT is strictly Labor/Greens and sometimes Liberal.

Back to top Go down
Veritas

Veritas

PostSubject: Re: One Nation’s Mark Latham addresses idea to DNA test people claiming Aboriginal ancestry   One Nation’s Mark Latham addresses idea to DNA test people claiming Aboriginal ancestry EmptyWed 13 Mar 2019, 9:47 pm

Probably not, they are a minor party, with not a lot of money, I doubt they have one in the"Labor" State Victoria either.
Back to top Go down
Neferti
Admin
Neferti

PostSubject: Re: One Nation’s Mark Latham addresses idea to DNA test people claiming Aboriginal ancestry   One Nation’s Mark Latham addresses idea to DNA test people claiming Aboriginal ancestry EmptyWed 13 Mar 2019, 5:30 pm

As far as I am aware, One Nation has not offered a candidate in the ACT.
Back to top Go down
Veritas

Veritas

PostSubject: Re: One Nation’s Mark Latham addresses idea to DNA test people claiming Aboriginal ancestry   One Nation’s Mark Latham addresses idea to DNA test people claiming Aboriginal ancestry EmptyWed 13 Mar 2019, 9:35 am

To be honest... all the other issues he has brought up make more sense and have more interest.
Back to top Go down
Neferti
Admin
Neferti

PostSubject: Re: One Nation’s Mark Latham addresses idea to DNA test people claiming Aboriginal ancestry   One Nation’s Mark Latham addresses idea to DNA test people claiming Aboriginal ancestry EmptyTue 12 Mar 2019, 4:53 pm

Veritas wrote:
Hmmm  I think it is dangerous to be starting on this in the way it is being handled by the media.
It borders on eugenics and is a dangerous ploy politically...  it will bring on more shrill cries or racism etc...

Better to have a complaint from aborigines about it first and then champion their concerns.

BTW many aborigines will state that aboriginality or tribal membership can be conferred on anyone regardless of race.

Mark Latham is a stirrer.  However, I think he could get some attention on this ....

The problem is that "the aborigines" don't really know, or LIE to get the benefits and ticking the box, apparently, gets "speshul" benefits, such as preferential entry into University and NO fee to be paid. I know somebody who did this.

Wasn't some Aussie TV person on "Who do you think you are?"  outed as an Abo?
Back to top Go down
Veritas

Veritas

PostSubject: Re: One Nation’s Mark Latham addresses idea to DNA test people claiming Aboriginal ancestry   One Nation’s Mark Latham addresses idea to DNA test people claiming Aboriginal ancestry EmptyTue 12 Mar 2019, 3:26 pm

Hmmm I think it is dangerous to be starting on this in the way it is being handled by the media.
It borders on eugenics and is a dangerous ploy politically... it will bring on more shrill cries or racism etc...

Better to have a complaint from aborigines about it first and then champion their concerns.

BTW many aborigines will state that aboriginality or tribal membership can be conferred on anyone regardless of race.

Back to top Go down
Neferti
Admin
Neferti

PostSubject: One Nation’s Mark Latham addresses idea to DNA test people claiming Aboriginal ancestry   One Nation’s Mark Latham addresses idea to DNA test people claiming Aboriginal ancestry EmptyTue 12 Mar 2019, 10:28 am

One Nation’s Mark Latham has attempted to explain how his DNA testing of people who claim Aboriginal ancestry would work.

The One Nation NSW party leader appeared on Today this morning, telling host Deborah Knight “a single dollar of wasted welfare money is a problem”.

The state party leader said his idea would stop “welfare rorters” and stop “self-identification”, claiming the idea was already working well in the US with Native Americans.

“What I’m saying is if the technology exists for the DNA ancestry testing, let’s use it,” Mr Latham told the breakfast show.

“Let’s find out the heritage of the people applying for indigenous programs and obviously if they have got very little or have got none, they are trying to rort the system, that’s no good. “We should be respecting genuine indigenous identity and getting the money to the people in need who have got the genuine Aboriginal background.”

The One Nation state leader said the best way to stop “welfare rorts” was through scientific evidence that “shows you’re fair dinkum”.

“I mean, taxpayers work very, very hard,” he said.

“I think it costs $150 to do the test. I’m waiting for my results now for reasons of working out the family tree. Many people are doing this. And I think it’s a good idea in indigenous affairs.”

Mr Latham told Today the “self-identification” system had turned the average Australian into “a bit of a joke”.

“You put your hand up and say, ‘I’m indigenous’ and you get a letter from a community group — and they hand those out pretty regularly — and that qualifies you for all the indigenous welfare and I suppose the average Australian has become a bit of a joke. The blonde-haired, blue-eyed Aboriginal who is getting welfare and qualifying for land council programs. I think that’s very disrespectful,” he said.

In a party policy statement released yesterday, One Nation announced it would introduce a new system of indigenous identification.

“Australians are sick and tired of seeing people with blonde hair and blue eyes declaring themselves to be indigenous, when clearly they have no recognisable Aboriginal background and are doing it solely to qualify for extra money,” the party said.

“We will tighten the eligibility rules for Aboriginal identity to require DNA evidence of at least 25 per cent indigenous — the equivalent of one fully Aboriginal grandparent.”

https://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-act/politics/one-nations-mark-latham-addresses-idea-to-dna-test-people-claiming-aboriginal-ancestry/news-story/f51936b6f013dfb9eb6fb4e79ff615f2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One Nation’s Mark Latham addresses idea to DNA test people claiming Aboriginal ancestry   One Nation’s Mark Latham addresses idea to DNA test people claiming Aboriginal ancestry Empty

Back to top Go down

One Nation’s Mark Latham addresses idea to DNA test people claiming Aboriginal ancestry
Page 1 of 1