Share | 

Federal Election 2019

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Neferti
Admin

PostSubject: Federal Election 2019   Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:38 pm

Malcolm Turnbull widens lead as preferred Prime Minister:

MALCOLM Turnbull has widened the gap as preferred prime minister in the latest Newspoll, extending his lead over Bill Shorten to 19 per cent. Mr Turnbull has increased his preference rating by two points to 48 with Mr Shorten dropping two points to 29 in the last fortnight, according to the poll published in The Australian.

Labor continues to lead the coalition on a two-party preferred basis 51 to 49. In popular support both major parties lost a point, with the coalition falling to 38 per cent and Labor to 36 per cent while the Greens were on 10 per cent and One Nation on seven per cent.

https://www.news.com.au/national/politics/malcolm-turnbull-widens-lead-as-preferred-prime-minister-poll/news-story/cb03f5bebb68de2c26a08040127cba3a

Last edited by Neferti on Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Veritas

PostSubject: Re: Federal Election 2019   Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:13 pm

Truth being... polls are not elections
I have no idea how the next one is going to go, but it does look so far that Labor will get in.
Lots of people who vote Conservative don't like Turnbull, Pyne, Bishop, et al.
Back to top Go down
Neferti
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Federal Election 2019   Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:25 pm

Veritas wrote:
Truth being... polls are not elections
I have no idea how the next one is going to go, but it does look so far that Labor will get in.
Lots of people who vote Conservative don't like Turnbull, Pyne, Bishop, et al.

I usually vote Liberal, out of habit, but I did NOT vote for Turnbull ... I got my name crossed off and wrote rude words on the ballot paper.

I disagree with compulsory voting.
Back to top Go down
Valkie

PostSubject: Re: Federal Election 2019   Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:46 pm

If voting could Chang anything

It would be ILLEGAL.
Back to top Go down
Neferti
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Federal Election 2019   Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:58 pm

Valkie wrote:
If voting could Change anything

It would be ILLEGAL.

You reckon?  I think it is the preference system that is the problem.  Compulsory voting means people tick a box like it is their Football Team. Most people loathe The Government anyway and can't be bothered, they turn up to save the 20 buck fine. I know people who vote one way because they "like/dislike" their local MP. They have no idea what "team" he is in.

I couldn't be bothered voting in a by election one time (many years ago) so didn't turn up and, yes, got the Bill in the Mail .... $20 within 2 weeks, or else they would "sue" ... bullshit ... I just wrote a cheque.
Back to top Go down
Valkie

PostSubject: Re: Federal Election 2019   Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:06 pm

I agree
Most people I know don't vote for a politician, they vote against the one they hate more.
And many only vote because they have to.

I have just returned from overseas
One country I visited was Finland
They take politics seriously and everyone know everything about their politicians.
The ones I have seen actually respect their politicians, and the politicians respect the people.

Let me say that again
The Finnish people RESPECT their politicians and the politicians respect the people..

Can't see that ever happening in Australia.
Our grubberment are self serving, corrupt, narcissistic, bombastic kleptocrats.
Australia needs a good clean out.
Back to top Go down
Neferti
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Federal Election 2019   Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:17 pm

Most people do NOT vote for their local MP, they either like or dislike the Leader of whatever Party and vote that way.

Unless they are "rusted on" and always vote for one side or the other. Often because that is what their parents did.

I certainly wouldn't cross the street to "see" a Politician (or a "Celeb").

The only time I have seen a Politician "in the flesh" was when I worked for The Commonwealth Government and the Federal Minister for the Department came for a "walk-about" to meet and greet everybody. YAWN!
Back to top Go down
Veritas

PostSubject: Re: Federal Election 2019   Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:55 pm

Truth is I vote for the Party Candidate of the Party I think has the best policies for Australia. Unfortunately these days there seems to be a race for the bottom and both major Parties seek to gain "power" by being in Government and to hell with doing the right thing by everyone else.
That makes the decision even harder and the policy choices less and less. Till we get to the stage where we end up voting for the Party that will do the least damage.
Back to top Go down
Valkie

PostSubject: Re: Federal Election 2019   Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:09 pm

The only objective of the grubberment is to stay in power, and they will do and say anything to achieve that objective.

The only objective of the opposition is to get into power, and they will do and say anything to achieve that objective.

The only objective of an independent is to stay elected, and they will do or say anything to achieve that objective.

This is their primary, secondary and final objective.
Everything else is simply saying or doing anything to achieve that objective.

We, the voters, matter not at all.
We are referred to as the great unwashed.
The only way we can influence our kleptocratic leaders is to put a gun to their heads.

We seriously need a revolution.

Back to top Go down
DreamRyder

PostSubject: Re: Federal Election 2019   Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:22 am

Valkie wrote:
The only objective of the grubberment is to stay in power, and they will do and say anything to achieve that objective.

The only objective of the opposition is to get into power, and they will do and say anything to achieve that objective.

The only objective of an independent is to stay elected, and they will do or say anything to achieve that objective.

This is their primary, secondary and final objective.
Everything else is simply saying or doing anything to achieve that objective.

We, the voters, matter not at all.
We are referred to as the great unwashed.
The only way we can influence our kleptocratic leaders is to put a gun to their heads.

We seriously need a revolution.

Not just a revolution, but a complete revamp of the government from the bottom up.

We need a plain-English Constitution written by ordinary people, not Law Professors. You shouldn't need a law degree to read, & better still, understand it's contents.

A Constitution written by the people, for the complete benefit of all the People, not the government. And just like an American Constitution, we should have included a non-changeable, inalienable, Bill of Rights which specifically tells the Government what the Peoples Rights are, & what the government can't do, or must do, pertaining to the Rights of the People. The government should clearly understand that any powers not expressly given to the government within the Constitution, will belong solely to the People.

And when all is said & done, there should be a final statement that says clearly, that if the government decides to ignore or circumvent the Will & Rights of the People, that that government can be removed by whatever means necessary, & completely replaced with a government mindful of the Rights of the People.  

Items that must be clearly defined in the Constitution should be term limits, whereas a person's term in any particular office must be "X" years, unless that person receives a 3/4 majority vote of the People to retain office, determined by a popular vote every so many years.

Also, government can not amend the Constitution, they can only suggest an amendment via a 3/4's majority vote of the government, to be ultimately ratified in a yea or nay vote of the People, via a National Popular binding vote/referendum, where a 2/3rds majority is required for ratification to & inclusion in the Constitution.

Power to the People  ..........  And, with the consent of the People, a Limited Government!

Back to top Go down
Neferti
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Federal Election 2019   Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:41 pm

Check this. Australian Bill of Rights Bill, 2017

https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/C2017B00161
Back to top Go down
DreamRyder

PostSubject: Re: Federal Election 2019   Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:25 am

Neferti wrote:
Check this. Australian Bill of Rights Bill, 2017

https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/C2017B00161

This isn't a Bill of Rights for the Australian People, no, this is a litany of manure written by lawyers, for lawyers with the government's complete oversight in mind, controlled by a selected few!

It's probably the biggest piece of collective horseshit I've ever seen penned to paper.

If you or I could not sit down & simply read it, & then explain it competently to our family & friends, then it's totally unacceptable.

These are nothing but Government Grants, not Rights.  

If this is what is to be expected under present political conditions, then there must be a complete overhaul & demolition of existing government. All existing political leaders must be forbidden to partake in forming a new government, & being part of any convention to formulate a Bill of Rights, or a new Constitution. Lawyers must also be forbidden to partake in the process of both a Bill of Rights or a new Constitution.

The above can only take place after a Republic has been declared, breaking all bonds with the British Crown, & severing all ties with the British Monarchy & the British Government & Commonwealth.

Australia must be 100% Independent.
Back to top Go down
Neferti
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Federal Election 2019   Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:11 am

Have you read the American Bill of Rights?  

https://www.archives.gov/founding-docs/bill-of-rights-transcript
Back to top Go down
Veritas

PostSubject: Re: Federal Election 2019   Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:46 am

We don't need a Bill of Rights that simply transfers power to judges that are unelected by the people.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Federal Election 2019   

Back to top Go down

Federal Election 2019
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AUSSIEPOLITICS :: Australian Politics-
Jump to: