AUSSIEPOLITICS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AUSSIEPOLITICS

Discuss Australian politics and other general stuff

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What happened to all those gays wanting Marriage?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Veritas

Veritas

What happened to all those gays wanting Marriage? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What happened to all those gays wanting Marriage?   What happened to all those gays wanting Marriage? EmptyMon 08 Oct 2018, 10:19 am

Unfortunately it hasn't shut them up or stopped the activists trying to turn children into gays.
Back to top Go down
Neferti
Admin
Neferti

PostSubject: Re: What happened to all those gays wanting Marriage?   What happened to all those gays wanting Marriage? EmptyWed 03 Oct 2018, 3:31 pm

It shut them up, I guess. It will be interesting in a few years when they get sick of being married and want to get d.i.v.o.r.c.e.d.  That'll teach them. finger
Back to top Go down
Veritas

Veritas

PostSubject: Re: What happened to all those gays wanting Marriage?   What happened to all those gays wanting Marriage? EmptyTue 02 Oct 2018, 4:25 pm

Some comments on same sex marriage…

Brad
21 hours ago
4500 out of 24.13 million is approximately 0.02% of the population.  Nothing close to what was portrayed in the luvvies propaganda campaign during the SSM plebiscite.

HH
22 hours ago
Are you telling me we went through that same sex debacle for less than 0.02 percent of the population?

Brad
21 hours ago
Exactly.  The hysterical propaganda campaign proved to be nothing more than a hysterical propaganda campaign.

Geoff
17 hours ago
I didn't want it I still don't want it...  none of my gay mates ever wanted it either.

Monique
23 hours ago
This just goes to show how the minority make the most noise and we capitulate.  What happened to majority rules.

Stuart J
1 day ago
One would expect a spike in the first year.  It will be interesting to see what happens in 2-3 years time.   
I agree with the vast majority of the world's population and with the position of both political parties 7 years ago, "Marriage is between a man and a woman."   The government might now recognise these unions as a marriage but I don't.   

Brad
22 hours ago
The 2016 census recorded the homosexual population at 0.08%. Minuscule.

John
1 day ago
Just wait for the divorce figures for same sex marriages. They won’t be long in coming.  And if we are like the UK lesbians break up at higher rates than male couples and heterosexual couples. 
Back to top Go down
Veritas

Veritas

PostSubject: Re: What happened to all those gays wanting Marriage?   What happened to all those gays wanting Marriage? EmptyTue 02 Oct 2018, 4:23 pm

Lesbians lead the way down the same-sex aisle, figures show
What happened to all those gays wanting Marriage? D89946c0311ace8b205355ae01d934c1?width=650Kate and Kristen Wildermuth-Watt, relieved and happy to be finally married, at the Toowong Rowing Club, St Lucia, Brisbane. Picture: Lyndon Mechielsen

• Jared Owens

What happened to all those gays wanting Marriage? Widget&td_bio=false&td_location=none
  • 12:00AM October 1, 2018
  • 108 Comments

Australia’s lesbians are rushing down the aisle in greater numbers than gay men, as the nation’s most conservative states — Queensland and Western Australia — lead the way in embracing same-sex marriage.
Women account for more than 56 per cent of the 4500 same-sex couples who have tied the knot since marriage equality was introduced last December, defying ­expectations that gay men would be most eager to wed.
Jurisdictions generally held to be more socially progressive — Victoria, NSW and the ACT — were under-represented in the statistics, whereas Queensland registered more than 20 per cent of same-sex marriages despite being home to fewer than 18 per cent of same-sex couples living together.

Read Next

• What happened to all those gays wanting Marriage? F363e43ee26fb2b2dfb4ffc094eac9a8?width=320
    Two killed in grand final brawl
    Michael McKenna

Among them were Kristen and Kate Wildermuth-Watt who, after saying their vows in Brisbane yesterday, led their loved ones in a toast to equality.
“If we could, we would go back in history and thank every LGBT person who has come before us — every person who has had a tough life because of who they were, every person who had to have difficult conversation after difficult conversation, not knowing what would happen to them,” Kristen, 29, said.
“These very brave people paved the way for us. They made our lives easier, and they are the reason we are standing here today.”
What happened to all those gays wanting Marriage? 48f800624cf11abdf158a66feda8a915?width=650
Kate, 35, and her wife featured on The Australian’s front page on November 15, the day they learnt that 61.6 per cent of Australians — including more than 60 per cent of Queenslanders — had backed their legal right to marry. University of Technology Sydney law professor Jenni Millbank said gay men were previously considered more likely than women to marry.
She noted men vastly outnumbered women on the same-sex ­relationship registers introduced by state governments starting in 2004. It was speculated at the time that women were more afraid to publicly declare their sexuality, perhaps because their greater caring responsibilities meant they would be more exposed to fear and prejudice.
The gap between women and men was most pronounced in Western Australia, where 64.5 per cent of married same-sex couples comprised women. The narrowest gap was in Victoria, where ­lesbians comprised 52.5 per cent of same-sex marriages.
The ACT had the highest proportion of total marriages being same-sex at 7.5 per cent.
However, given the high number of same-sex couples living together in the capital, it had one of the lowest take-up rates for ­marriage.
Kate Wildermuth-Watt said, as children, neither woman had allowed themselves to fantasise about their wedding days because they knew even then that they were different to their heterosexual siblings.
“To be honest, it was at times a source of sadness,” she said in her speech. “You sent a very strong message (at the plebiscite) to Kristen and I that you love us and that our love is equal.”
Although Western Australia has the nation’s lowest number of people in same-sex relationships, those couples have been quicker to marry than those in any other state except Queensland. Unions between men and women accounted for 95.2 per cent of all marriages since mid-December.
Back to top Go down
Veritas

Veritas

PostSubject: Re: What happened to all those gays wanting Marriage?   What happened to all those gays wanting Marriage? EmptyTue 02 Oct 2018, 4:07 pm

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/lesbians-lead-the-way-down-the-samesex-aisle-figures-show/news-story/06121e9e5f650a35e7e341ce1b719824
Back to top Go down
Neferti
Admin
Neferti

PostSubject: Re: What happened to all those gays wanting Marriage?   What happened to all those gays wanting Marriage? EmptyTue 02 Oct 2018, 3:54 pm

Veritas wrote:
As you can see we changed the marriage act for a minority of a minority...

It shut them up and no skin off our noses. Now we need to shut up the rest of the leftards and greenies.
Back to top Go down
Neferti
Admin
Neferti

PostSubject: Re: What happened to all those gays wanting Marriage?   What happened to all those gays wanting Marriage? EmptyTue 02 Oct 2018, 3:53 pm

Veritas wrote:
basically the lesbian thing backs up what I said all along.
most people seen wanting this were Lesbians, they were always more visible.

They are brought up little girls being taught marriage is THE goal in life and then when they find they are attracted to other women they still want that marriage.

Not so with the vast majority of gay men.

Wimmen! I am the eldest of 4 girls, the absolute last thing I would want to do was live with another female for the duration ... and as for the rest of it ... YUCK!

I have a "gaydar" and see really attractive looking guys on TV and then find out that they prefer boys.

Lesbians want to settle down, I guess. Yuck. Homosexuals are more promiscuous I presume and want to change partners from time to time? Yuck!

I really can't imagine either scenarios ...
Back to top Go down
Veritas

Veritas

PostSubject: Re: What happened to all those gays wanting Marriage?   What happened to all those gays wanting Marriage? EmptyTue 02 Oct 2018, 3:45 pm

As you can see we changed the marriage act for a minority of a minority...
Back to top Go down
Veritas

Veritas

PostSubject: Re: What happened to all those gays wanting Marriage?   What happened to all those gays wanting Marriage? EmptyTue 02 Oct 2018, 3:44 pm

What happened to all those gays wanting Marriage? Rachelle1-69-0x0
Back to top Go down
Veritas

Veritas

PostSubject: Re: What happened to all those gays wanting Marriage?   What happened to all those gays wanting Marriage? EmptyTue 02 Oct 2018, 3:40 pm

basically the lesbian thing backs up what I said all along.
most people seen wanting this were Lesbians, they were always more visible.

They are brought up little girls being taught marriage is THE goal in life and then when they find they are attracted to other women they still want that marriage.

Not so with the vast majority of gay men.
Back to top Go down
Veritas

Veritas

PostSubject: Re: What happened to all those gays wanting Marriage?   What happened to all those gays wanting Marriage? EmptyTue 02 Oct 2018, 3:38 pm

What happened to all those gays wanting Marriage? _98763022_australia_gay_marriage_vote_640-nc-4
Back to top Go down
Neferti
Admin
Neferti

PostSubject: Re: What happened to all those gays wanting Marriage?   What happened to all those gays wanting Marriage? EmptyTue 02 Oct 2018, 3:37 pm

Veritas wrote:
Neferti wrote:
SSM was legalised last December.  I wonder whether there are any statistics about how many couples have actually married. Probably not.  I think they just wanted to "win" the ability to get married and not actually want to do so. I voted NO anyway. grin

mostly lesbians...

Girls! Wanting to dress up as a "princess" or whatever .... have you noticed that lesbians have a male and female in the partnership? Males do too but not as noticeable.
Back to top Go down
Veritas

Veritas

PostSubject: Re: What happened to all those gays wanting Marriage?   What happened to all those gays wanting Marriage? EmptyTue 02 Oct 2018, 3:36 pm

In the first 6 months...

What happened to all those gays wanting Marriage? Gaymar10
Back to top Go down
Neferti
Admin
Neferti

PostSubject: Re: What happened to all those gays wanting Marriage?   What happened to all those gays wanting Marriage? EmptyTue 02 Oct 2018, 3:34 pm

Oh, and I found this .... trust the SBS to be in the "know". laugh

Quote :
More than 370 same-sex marriages have been registered across Australia, 142 of them in NSW alone, in the first month of 2018.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/almost-400-gay-marriages-registered-so-far
Back to top Go down
Veritas

Veritas

PostSubject: Re: What happened to all those gays wanting Marriage?   What happened to all those gays wanting Marriage? EmptyTue 02 Oct 2018, 3:33 pm

Neferti wrote:
SSM was legalised last December.  I wonder whether there are any statistics about how many couples have actually married. Probably not.  I think they just wanted to "win" the ability to get married and not actually want to do so. I voted NO anyway. grin

mostly lesbians...
Back to top Go down
Neferti
Admin
Neferti

PostSubject: Re: What happened to all those gays wanting Marriage?   What happened to all those gays wanting Marriage? EmptyTue 02 Oct 2018, 3:31 pm

Oh, and I refuse to call them "gay", they are still homosexuals.  As far as I am aware Canberra still has a "gay" round-about.  Then our Chief Minister, Andrew Barr has a "husband", Anthony Toms.

What happened to all those gays wanting Marriage? 9k=
Back to top Go down
Neferti
Admin
Neferti

PostSubject: Re: What happened to all those gays wanting Marriage?   What happened to all those gays wanting Marriage? EmptyTue 02 Oct 2018, 3:20 pm

Back to top Go down
Veritas

Veritas

PostSubject: What happened to all those gays wanting Marriage?   What happened to all those gays wanting Marriage? EmptyMon 01 Oct 2018, 10:44 pm

What happened to all those gays wanting Marriage? 48f800624cf11abdf158a66feda8a915
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What happened to all those gays wanting Marriage?   What happened to all those gays wanting Marriage? Empty

Back to top Go down

What happened to all those gays wanting Marriage?
Page 1 of 1