HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Morrison delays next COAG meeting

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Neferti
Admin

PostSubject: Morrison delays next COAG meeting   Wed 19 Sep 2018, 3:57 pm

Prime Minister Scott Morrison has called off a meeting next month with state and territory leaders despite needing their support for school and hospital funding deals.

It is understood Mr Morrison contacted premiers and chief ministers on Tuesday to cancel the planned Council of Australian Governments meeting scheduled for October 4 in Adelaide.

Instead the next COAG meeting, which will deal with school and hospital funding and indigenous issues, is expected to be held in mid-December.

Deputy Labor Leader Tanya Plibersek criticised the delay.

"It's September and schools don't know what their budgets will be for next year. That is an extraordinary failure from this government," Ms Plibersek said.

The states are also still working on plans for energy prices and reliability despite the federal government scrapping the National Energy Guarantee.

An Adelaide summit on October 2 and 3 aimed at reducing violence against women is set to go ahead.

https://www.news.com.au/national/breaking-news/morrison-delays-next-coag-meeting/news-story/516d51f4e19925f2eac3c67c6d7f1265
Back to top Go down
Neferti
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Morrison delays next COAG meeting   Wed 19 Sep 2018, 4:02 pm

Yes, another thing bought up in Question Time today.

Had to laugh when Morrison replied "somebody is irritated because they can't go to a Meeting".

I remember being in the Public Service and tried to AVOID Meetings.  I was far too busy (YES, BUSY) to sit around chit chatting at Meetings! An absolute waste of time in many instances.

Public Servants tend to think "I'm bored, lets have a MEETING" then waste an hour sitting around talking about everything else other than the Item in Question.  I walked out of many Meetings and often didn't bother to even turn up as I preferred to get on with my JOB and read the Minutes at a later date!
Back to top Go down

Morrison delays next COAG meeting
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AUSSIEPOLITICS :: Australian Politics-
Jump to: