HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Question Time

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Neferti
Admin

PostSubject: Question Time   Mon 10 Sep 2018, 5:23 pm

Did anyone watch it?  As I said a "bun fight" with several Opposition MPs asking "Why was Turncoat sacked". Morrison gave the best answer. laugh

Somebody asked about the so-called "bullying" and, again, Morrison gave the best answer. positive

All the ALP did was sit around giggling among themselves, then jumping up to ask a STOOPID question.

Morrison can actually SPEAK without yelling or um arring.  Shorarse looked and sounded PATHETIC as per usual. God help Australia if he ever becomes PM.

Ah well. Tomorrow is another day and more Question Time ... wanna bet they ask the same Question again? Labor (and its rusted ons) have a real problem, and it is called stupidity.

Back in the day, I was a Ministerial Liaison Officer and apart from other stuff, dealt with PPQs (Possible Parliamentary Questions) ... hilarious.  Does anybody really think that writing to their Minister goes to him?  Nope. Some clerk in The Department types up the reply. They are called Ministerials and if you are in that area and see a (special coloured folder) being passed ....

yawn
Back to top Go down
Veritas

PostSubject: Re: Question Time   Mon 10 Sep 2018, 9:59 pm

Good, I saw some of it.
Labor were being jerks...  as usual.
Bandt is also stupid.
I thought Dutton made a lot of sense too.
I hope after a week or two labor, Shorten and co are looking very stupid.
I also hope the media reports it.
Back to top Go down
Neferti
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Question Time   Tue 11 Sep 2018, 3:47 pm

Another day, another Question Time with the Opposition asking the same questions, as I predicted they would. They are sounding like a cracked record that is stuck in the groove. ROFL

Again, Morrison and Dutton made a lot of sense with their answers and made the Opposition look really, really stupid. yawn
Back to top Go down
Neferti
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Question Time   Tue 11 Sep 2018, 4:01 pm

Politics live: Scott Morrison faces second day in parliament

Home Affairs Minister Peter Dutton has unleashed an extraordinary spray in Question Time, targeting both his opposite number, Shadow Immigration Minister Shayne Neumann, and former Australian Border Force commissioner Roman Quaedvlieg.

Mr Neumann was first in the firing line when he asked Mr Dutton how parliament “could be expected to believe” his protestations that he did not know Russell Kieg, the former police officer who wrote to Mr Dutton’s office about the Brisbane au pair case.

“You have been out there with your wet lettuce talking to journalists. Issuing angry press releases. And after all of that time, that is the best you could come up with. Mr Speaker, this is the most incompetent Shadow Immigration Minister in Australia’s history,” Mr Dutton said.

“He has refused time and time again to ask questions about border protection, about how we got the 8000 children out of detention.

“I want the journalists in the gallery to have their pens poised because this will be a significant drop for them,” the minister said sarcastically.

“The Labor Party and the Greens don’t like me because of border protection.

“They can carry on all they like. I will tell you this. All I will do is double down because I am not going to tolerate the personal attacks on me.

“There is not one statement I have made that the Labor Party can point to that is factually incorrect.”

Mr Neumann persisted with his line of questioning and brought up allegations that Mr Dutton had pushed Mr Quaedvlieg, then the chief of Customs, to help two police officers get jobs with the Border Force.

Mr Dutton responded with a sustained attack on Mr Quaedvlieg, who was fired from his role with the ABF after a review found his misconduct with a younger female staffer undermined his ability to do his job.

The staffer was reportedly in her 20s at the time. She was not underage.

“Again, just to dig a little bit deeper, these attacks of a personal nature are only based on lies and information of an individual which I will go into in a second.

“This smear is coming from the former Australian Border Force commissioner, a man who was as commissioner sacked from his position, a man who had groomed a girl 30 years younger than himself. Discredited and disgraced.

“He has been proved already to be discredited. He is someone the Labor Party should not rely on.

“No claim that has been put by the discredited person or his mouthpieces within this parliament have been proven to be correct.”

Mr Dutton’s attack was made under parliamentary privilege.

“Are you serious?” Mr Quaedvlieg asked as he responded to the spray on Twitter.

Parliament has dissolved into uproar for the second day in a row, about 15 minutes into Question Time - and it was all triggered by one word.

It happened as Prime Minister Scott Morrison answered a question from Deputy Opposition Leader Tanya Plibersek, who suggested the Liberals’ leadership “clown show” was not over.

“As the new Prime Minister, I understand I have a big job to do as I demonstrate to Australians my authenticity, my priorities. And when it comes to these issues, I’m not troubled because every day I have lived my values in this place,” Mr Morrison said.

The chamber erupted after the word “authenticity” and didn’t quiet down for a while.

“They (Australians) are yet to decide about me. They have made up their mind about this fellow, Mr Speaker. They have made their mind up about the leader of the Labor Party. Bred, fed and led by the trade union movement that he has been a part of all of his working life,” the PM continued, though it was difficult to hear him in the gallery over all the shouting.

Mr Morrison said Mr Shorten “can’t be trusted because he believes in absolutely nothing but himself”.

At the conclusion of his answer, when the Labor members finally started to pipe down, the Speaker rather wryly told them off for “interjecting at a particularly high noise level”.

Labor started Question Time with a familiar line of attack, with Bill Shorten twice asking Scott Morrison to explain why Malcolm Turnbull was deposed.

“Yesterday, when asked why Malcolm Turnbull was not the Prime Minister in Australia, the new Prime Minister said how he got the job and spent the rest of the time saying how great the Turnbull government was. If Malcolm Turnbull was as great as the Prime Minister claimed in Question Time yesterday, why is he no longer the Prime Minister of Australia?” Mr Shorten said.

“I didn’t come to the leadership seeking to change it. There is someone else in this chamber who knows all about rolling leaders and putting knives in their backs, and that is the Leader of the Opposition,” Mr Morrison replied.

He accused Labor of focusing on personal politics, instead of policies.

https://www.news.com.au/national/politics/politics-live-scott-morrison-faces-second-day-in-parliament/news-story/693d32a121204e07744e46771f83b40d
Back to top Go down
Neferti
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Question Time   Wed 12 Sep 2018, 4:53 pm

As I predicted. Same old, same old. Shortarse is still asking WHY his mate Mal got the walking papers and instead of "Scomo" telling him to effoff and MYOB he shouted "get over it" or something.

The REASON that Turncoat got the bum's rush was because he LOST a MILLION BASE voters for stabbing Abbott. We were NOT going to vote for Turncoat again, so IF the Coalition wants to keep Government .... change to somebody MORE to our CENTRE RIGHT taste!

There IS an Election on the horizon and the Coalition can see that, unless they go back to their BASE following, Shortarse will be the next PM of Australia and that would be DISASTEROUS!

Turncoat had to Go ... he might be a "nice bloke" but his policies were more "progressive" than the Labor Party.

However, I (and the other millions who voted INFORMAL in 2016) am yet to see that Scott Morrison is the man to vote for.  He best pull his socks up!

Last edited by Neferti on Thu 13 Sep 2018, 4:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kate Walker

PostSubject: Re: Question Time   Wed 12 Sep 2018, 6:03 pm

Normally I don't bother with Question Time as it is always just a shouting match.  However, I have been watching this week to see how Scott Morrison performs.

IF being able to shout down the Opposition,  he is doing a great job.  Not sure that I will vote Liberal again, unless he starts forgetting "faith" and begins gets back to what the Liberal Party was all about, until Turnbull stuffed up.
Back to top Go down
Veritas

PostSubject: Re: Question Time   Thu 13 Sep 2018, 8:36 am

I haven't noticed all that much shouting from him at all actually Kate.
So what's this "faith" stuff he's proposing or forcing down your throat?
i missed that too.
Back to top Go down
Neferti
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Question Time   Mon 17 Sep 2018, 5:41 pm

Well, it was on again today. Question Time. Shortarse actually got his "why did you get rid of Turncoat" in again and got short shift.

Morrison is impressive, a good speaker and knows his stuff.  He certainly won't let Shortarse get a look in.  

Although the only Poll that matters is The Election, I shall post some information about the latest Poll, elsewhere.  wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question Time   

Back to top Go down

Question Time
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AUSSIEPOLITICS :: Australian Politics-
Jump to: