Discuss Australian politics and other general stuff

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Morrison considering deregistering CFMEU

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Neferti
Admin

PostSubject: Morrison considering deregistering CFMEU   Mon 03 Sep 2018, 9:12 am

Prime Minister Scott Morrison is considering deregistering the construction union after one of its officials used his kids to campaign against the building industry watchdog.

CFMEU Victorian state secretary John Setka uploaded to social media on Sunday a photo of his children with the caption "Leave our dads alone and go catch the real criminals you cowards".

In the photograph, his children carried a sign saying "Go get f****d".

"The CFMEU has behaved under John Setka like a bunch of thugs and to involve his children in that, I think, is one of the ugliest things I've seen," Mr Morrison told Sydney 2GB radio on Monday.

"When you see children being used in these sorts of protests ... this stuff just makes your skin crawl."

Mr Morrison would "of course" consider deregistering the union and said he would be discussing this with Industrial Relations Minister Kelly O'Dwyer.

The militant union was out of control, he said.

"This is the straw that breaks the camel's back," he later told Melbourne radio 3AW.

"I'm looking very seriously at this."

The prime minister called on Opposition Leader Bill Shorten to sever all ties between the Labor Party, John Setka and the CFMEU.

"You're known by who you stand next to," Mr Morrison said.

"Bill Shorten's got his arms all around John Setka, and John Setka's got his arms all around Bill Shorten."

The Builders Labourers Federation (BLF) was deregistered in the mid-1980s after a royal commission into corruption.

https://www.news.com.au/national/breaking-news/pm-morrison-considers-deregistering-cfmeu/news-story/196a7e9296d5eb9345dea04d4efe7235
Back to top Go down
Veritas

PostSubject: Re: Morrison considering deregistering CFMEU   Mon 03 Sep 2018, 11:55 am

That'd be good...
Back to top Go down

Morrison considering deregistering CFMEU
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AUSSIEPOLITICS :: Australian Politics-
Jump to: