Tony Abbott

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Neferti
Admin

PostSubject: Tony Abbott   Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:30 pm

Quote :
Tony Abbott addresses leadership spill

Tony Abbott could not resist a sneaky dig at Malcolm Turnbull when he sat on 2GB this morning.

He said Mr Turnbull “will be remembered mostly for the way he got into office and the way he got out of office”.

“Without going over the entrails of last week … I just think that the whole polity is better off today than it was then.”

He also declared that “the era of the political assassin is over, and thank God for that”.

But in a speech given at the Centre for independent Studies in Sydney later today, Mr Abbott presented a different image of himself — as one who’s seemingly above all the sniping and disunity he drove from behind the scenes.

“I want to express my hope and confidence that politics today is in better shape than it was just a few days ago,” he said at a speech in Sydney today. “I think our policy will be far less toxic in the near future than it has been in the recent past, and I think that will be good for all of us — certainly good for the Liberal Party and our country.”

Speaking on last week’s leadership spill, he did say Peter Dutton was “a most reluctant challenger, just as I was back in 2009”.

“He was someone who above all else wanted to change policy, not change leader, and I am confident given the remarks of new Prime Minister Scott Morrison, given the ministerial appointments he’s made, there will be better policy, a United Party and a sharper difference with our opponents,” he said.

He heaped praise on Mr Morrison, saying: “I’ve always said in politics what counts most is character. Scott Morrison has a good and strong character.

“May I express my fond hope that in the weeks and months to come, political success will be determined more by character and less by polling.”

When asked how last week’s coup compared to that of his own overthrowing by Mr Turnbull in 2015, he said: “I reckon the lessons of last week are do not persevere in a policy which is causing massive divisions within the party room, and do not light fuses under your own leadership with unnecessary spills.”

But as far as the withering Turnbull commentary went, that was … pretty much it.

Hopefully, now that Turncoat has gone the same way as he gained the PM-ship, Tony will get on with whatever. Seeing Tony take up the Indigenous "Envoy" thing offered would be a good thing.  Remember that when PM, Tony spent a lot of time up there "talking" to and "living with?" the Indigenous peoples on a regular basis.
Back to top Go down
Veritas

PostSubject: Re: Tony Abbott   Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:56 pm

Not sure Tony will do that.
Or stop agitating via opinion pieces and commentary.
If the Liberals want peace from him they need to get someone else preselected in Warringah
Back to top Go down
Neferti
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tony Abbott   Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:21 pm

Tony is very popular in his Electorate. I didn't realise that he was 60ish. He isn't a millionaire, just an ordinary bloke so what would he do IF he retired?
Back to top Go down
Neferti
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tony Abbott   Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:28 pm

I was surprised to see Nick Greiner having a go last night. I voted for him when I lived in Kuringai. If I recall correctly, I voted Liberal and my husband voted Independent (although he was a long term Liberal voter). *shrug*
Back to top Go down
Veritas

PostSubject: Re: Tony Abbott   Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:09 pm

Never liked nick.  Had an argument with him at a public forum re electricity privatisation, made him look stupid and from then on they refused to recognise me.
Back to top Go down
Neferti
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tony Abbott   Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:35 pm

He used to be this:

]

Now he is Older than Dirt.
Back to top Go down
Neferti
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tony Abbott   Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:38 am

Tony Abbott accepts special envoy offer

Tony Abbott has accepted Scott Morrison’s offer to become a special envoy on Indigenous affairs. The former prime minister says his priority would be to lift school attendance rates and improve academic performance. Mr Abbott previously said he would only take on the role if it was more than an honorary position.
Back to top Go down
Veritas

PostSubject: Re: Tony Abbott   Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:05 am

Oh dear....  Tony Abbott powerless mouth piece for Aboriginals...  BTW Tony steps have already been taken and are succeeding in boosting school attendance of aboriginal children.
Back to top Go down
Neferti
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tony Abbott   Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:24 am

Tony probably got a mike poked in his face so he said the first thing that came into his head ... he is prone to do that. LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tony Abbott   

Back to top Go down

Tony Abbott
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AUSSIEPOLITICS :: Australian Politics-
Jump to: