AUSSIEPOLITICS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AUSSIEPOLITICS

Discuss Australian politics and other general stuff

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Another Failed Liberal Leader says a few words

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Veritas

Veritas

Another Failed Liberal Leader says a few words Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Failed Liberal Leader says a few words   Another Failed Liberal Leader says a few words EmptyWed 22 Aug 2018, 5:14 pm

Not long at all....  Keating did him over he lasted 1 election then was gone.  His Fightback policy (GST) sunk him.
Back to top Go down
Neferti
Admin
Neferti

PostSubject: Re: Another Failed Liberal Leader says a few words   Another Failed Liberal Leader says a few words EmptyWed 22 Aug 2018, 3:52 pm

Veritas wrote:
hewson....  give me a break another progressive faint heart.

How long did he last as a "leader"? The whole thing was a shambles if I recall and I wasn't that interested.
Back to top Go down
Veritas

Veritas

PostSubject: Re: Another Failed Liberal Leader says a few words   Another Failed Liberal Leader says a few words EmptyTue 21 Aug 2018, 11:36 pm

hewson....  give me a break another progressive faint heart.
Back to top Go down
Neferti
Admin
Neferti

PostSubject: Another Failed Liberal Leader says a few words   Another Failed Liberal Leader says a few words EmptyTue 21 Aug 2018, 4:40 pm

Quote :
Harsh message for Dutton from past Liberal leader

Former Liberal leader John Hewson had some less-than-kind words to say about Peter Dutton's prospects. He's not convinced by Mr Dutton's suggestion that he offers the Liberal Party a better chance at the next election.

"If anyone in this country thinks that a hardline right candidate supported by some hardline right friends adopting hardline right policies is actually going to win the centre ground and some from the left of politics, they are kidding themselves."

And Mr Hewson says if the aim of the game is to win back ground in Queensland from minor parties like One Nation, this isn't the way forward.

"If the end game here is to sort of beat One Nation I mean it is a race to the bottom isn't it."

"He'll be anti-immigration, anti-climate, anti-common-sense basically and that is not going to appeal to the great majority of voters."

John Hewson

If I remember correctly, Mr Hewson was also a lefty lite and useless. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Failed Liberal Leader says a few words   Another Failed Liberal Leader says a few words Empty

Back to top Go down

Another Failed Liberal Leader says a few words
Page 1 of 1